SSWC SA 2012

divernick

Please let it be so .

i will sell my SS and take up running if a ex roadie / whatever wins .

Ps: i faaarking hate running .

LOL, I dont even run to the bathroom

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eish I can't make it. well I could make Friday night and do the race Sat but would have to leave by 2pm to be back in JHB on Sat evening. That is just NOT how to do it as I have the feeling the party on the Sat night is going to rock big time.

eish I can't make it. well I could make Friday night and do the race Sat but would have to leave by 2pm to be back in JHB on Sat evening. That is just NOT how to do it as I have the feeling the party on the Sat night is going to rock big time.

At least you have enough swambo credits to go. I have spent mine on three towers, actually I am in overdraft

@rouxtjie We are always in the Shiiiiaaaaaaat it's just the depth that various. My GF has offered to even drive us 2 back on the Sat after the race cause she knows we will be too drunk to drive :clap: Man I must have loads of swambo credits if she is willing to do that.... Her GF contract has been extended another year :whistling:

@rouxtjie We are always in the Shiiiiaaaaaaat it's just the depth that various. My GF has offered to even drive us 2 back on the Sat after the race cause she knows we will be too drunk to drive :clap: Man I must have loads of swambo credits if she is willing to do that.... Her GF contract has been extended another year :whistling:

mmmmm I wonder how fast your bakkie can tow me up van reenens...Bet I will get KOM on strava, I will need a couple of kegs in me for the attempt.

No No we go in the GF's cabbie so she drives and we check stock levels of the cooler box. They should make a strava route from full level to empty level of the cooler box rather.

No No we go in the GF's cabbie so she drives and we check stock levels of the cooler box. They should make a strava route from full level to empty level of the cooler box rather.

Challenge accepted sir....Ok wonder if they would accept line entries?

http://breckepic.com/ check this out...

Love the rules section.....

Race Rules

There are none. It’s the Texas Cage Match of mountain biking.

Just kidding. We do have a few rules and they're pretty simple.

#1: Being a dick is not allowed – this is rule #1. It's soooo good that we brought it back for 2010 and we're printing it in all caps for 2012. You’re all big boys and girls – you can handle the salty language. If you’re ‘that’ guy (or girl – you know you’re out there too) you’re going to find zero-tolerance for dick-ish behavior once you get here. You do not want to get called into our woodshed to have this discussion. And if you’re one of those super-aggro, win-at-any-cost folks…well, maybe this isn’t the event for you.

#2: No littering. Call this “Rule 1B”. Dropping your empty gel packets on the course will earn you an immediate disqualification. Without a refund. We can’t say this any more simply: We live here. We love it. This race has enabled us to really, really strengthen the protections surrounding our backyard. Do not throw your crap on the ground in our backcountry. We mean it. Do the crime, stack the time. Screw around with us on this and not only will we kick your overly-entitled ass out of the race, but we'll gleefully add insult to injury and gas to the fire by broadcasting your assholery across multiple media outlets.

#3: Towing is not allowed. With ropes we mean. It's a mountain bike race, not a circus act. Can you draft off your partner? Yes. Can you take a hand in the back? Yes. Can your partner carry your bike if need be? Again yes, but allowing another team to do it is kind of shady.

#4: You must check in at all checkpoints and stage finishes within 2 minutes of your teammate (when applicable). The penalty for missing this mark will be a 60-minute hit on the GC. Violation of the spirit of this rule (repeatedly waiting 30 feet from the check-in for your partner to appear) will also get you an invite to the woodshed.

#5: About time cuts: in 2009 they were in place, but nobody even came close to hittin (missing?) them. We will have time-cuts in place, but we're starting early enough in the day that you're really going to have to experience some bad luck to run up against them. We'll do everything we can to keep you in the race. If you do miss one it's likely that you'll be in the hospital. Or mounted by a randy moose. Whatever the case, miss the cut and you’ll be out of the race, but you WILL be allowed to ride in the remaining stages.

We’ll be adding to this section periodically. The rules are pretty basic and we don’t feel as if we need to manage every little thing. When and if it becomes apparent that we need to spell things out a bit more formally you’ll find that info here.

Have a specific question about the rules? Got a suggestion? Email us.

Edited by Hairy

diep dors bier maag - check

green suit - check

gumboots - check

bike with pedals and a chain - check

racing you ask? off course - BOAT RACING!