RIP - 2 cyclists killed

Frosty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am apaulled!!!

the transport minister should have a serious look at motorists and athletes training. There has been countless incidents with runners and cyclists, but nothing gets done. mark roads, add bike lanes and start a tv and radio awareness campaign. ASAP! Cyclists needs to voice up!

RIP Guys!

I'm deeply grieved by this accident, I ride Oliefantsfontein Rd and the traffic is crazy motorists have zero tolerance for cyclists on the road, many a time my elbows have been clipped by side view mirrors and blown by turbulence caused by speeding motorists driving as close to the sidewalk where I ride and having ample space on the physical road. I think these guys are doing this on purpose. Cycling on the roads of this country I've found is as treacherous as swimming in the ocean near Robin Island with a gashing wound...

Cyclist Killed T&H Kruger May your wheels continue spinning in heaven guys... we are sorry to loose you

RIP to the cyclists, and condolences to their families. No hijack intended, but having read this thread makes me wonder if this incident justifies having cops sit on their butts catching and discouraging speedsters, and possibly saving the lives of two fellow cyclists.

May the cyclists RIP. Please hubbers don't exacerbate an already tragic situation with stupid, baseless comments which could worsen the pain felt by the bereaved families. Just my 2c. post aimed at mtb_roadie and konamtb. I've lost a cycling friend and know the pain unsubstantiated comments can cause.

I did not mean to offend anyone, guess it is a way of expressing anger. The driver will come of free ad yet two cyclist died due to negligent driving...I am just annoyed that nothing will happen to the cop as nothing happens to other drivers that kill cyclist

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I have seen it so many times on this site when a person gets killed, certain individuals are totally irrational about it. I hope you feel bad in that you blamed the police, without knowing the facts about the incident.

Come on get a grip on yourself and refrain from being so irresponsible in future, because even those involved have feelings!!

I am apaulled!!!

the transport minister should have a serious look at motorists and athletes training. There has been countless incidents with runners and cyclists, but nothing gets done. mark roads, add bike lanes and start a tv and radio awareness campaign. ASAP! Cyclists needs to voice up!

RIP Guys!

The only way to stop these kind of accidents is to have legislation which protects the cyclists / pedestrians i.e. the onus must be on the motorist to anticipate and avoid an accident with said cyclist or pedistrian. And then someone who enforces the law without fail. That way motorists will be to **** scared to come even close to cyclists.

In countries like the USA the driver will be charged with unintentional man slaughter, at a min, bar he driving straight and they suddenly making a u-turn with no warning.

G

I did not mean to offend anyone, guess it is a way of expressing anger. The driver will come of free ad yet two cyclist died due to negligent driving...I am just annoyed that nothing will happen to the cop as nothing happens to other drivers that kill cyclist

I have seen it so many times on this site when a person gets killed, certain individuals are totally irrational about it. I hope you feel bad in that you blamed the police, without knowing the facts about the incident.

Come on get a grip on yourself and refrain from being so irresponsible in future, because even those involved have feelings!!

JA, about that. Its fine to kill cyclists? Intentional or not? Sorry about that Kona, but we are cyclists and quite pationate people as well. Dont want to see it? Close your eyes then or leave the hub, but it will be like that.

This is who we are.

I understand what is about and i know that we cyclist all get worked up emotionally by incidents like this, but perhaps the guys must just wait for feedback on the real cause of the accidents, before getting so upset. It can also happen to you and me that a cyclist swerve right in front of you, and what then?

I rode this area today, that particular road has cars flying down it, especially trucks and it's a really dangerous stretch, today it was extremely quiet, but for the few cars there were it was high speed driving :-(. I have ridden passed this couple quite a number of times in the past, they seemed really dedicated, my heartfelt condolences go out to their families and friends :-(.

Read this in Beeld this morning:

Raats se broer, Ernest, het gesê: “Sulke goed gebeur. Dit help nie ’n mens raak te emosioneel sonder dat jy weet wat die feite is nie.”

Beeld story

I do, however, want to know if the driver of the police van was arrested.

So tragic! My heart goes out to family and friends, especially to Thereza's youngest son who, it seems from the reports, is starting matric this year.

RIP

:(

I heard this shocking news on the radio this morning. I don't have any of the details and hoping the Alberton group can fill in the blanks. :(

What happened and who was killed in the crash?

Wishing y'all a good 2012.