Post your best photos taken with a phone

divernick

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tommy: That first pic of the palm is brilliant!

*Hijack

@DaLoCo: a 5-string bass? You do the necks as well or just body? And where you get the hardware?

Hijack-off*

@Tommy: That first pic of the palm is brilliant!

*Hijack

@DaLoCo: a 5-string bass? You do the necks as well or just body? And where you get the hardware?

Hijack-off*

Hijack answer on:

I do my own necks, most of the builds are neck-through though. Busy working on a bolt-on now. My first bass was scary, so I decided to go for a trapezoidal neck, not the standard oval shape. It is actually very comfy, and sits nicely in the folds of my hands, but takes getting used to.

I buy hardware on e-bay, mostly from China. I have used both high brand and chinese knockoffs, and cannot give you an indication of what is the best....that goes for the electronic components, although the bass in the pic has a chinese bridge and machine heads and they are very stable. All the hardware cost me about R700.

The bass has two enclosed humbuckers with passive electronics. The switches allow me to seperately switch out the inner coils of each humbucker, giving it a slight jazz bass type tone. Putting the back p/u in single and the front normal gives a nice, slighty bright, boom. One of my friends is pro player, and wanted to take this bass to the CT Jazz festival, but the logistics prevented me getting the bass to him, plus he asked me two hours before he left

I am a hobbyist, not a luthier, so experience is not up there (counting by the amount of direction changes I had to make to cover small mistakes. I also use mostly hand tools, and handheld powertools.

Hijack answer off.

• 3 weeks later...

Damned .... gods window looks like a nice place to ride!

It's Virginia Farm in KZN.

Sorry but still not a fan of these "Instagram" photos. They have started to ruin reality. Someone takes a great realistic sunset photo now and it looks boring because people have become used to seeing this overprocessed iPhone crap.