Site Updates: New look and feel

Matt

When I view the classifieds the page is not aligning.

Are you using IE 8? If possible please upgrade to IE 9 that'll solve it right away.

I'll be working on compatibility fixes throughout the day to improve the layout in IE 8 (and IE 7).

I like the look and feel of the forum. Just can't find any way of jumping to a page within a thread as the only option I have available is to go to next or previous page, one step at a time. Old layout showed pages and you could skip to the beginning or end. Is this a setting issue that I can overcome. Browsing on a Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Thanks

Looking great!

Just one thing ... when using the mobile site, the page numbers of a thread that has more than one page, does not appear underneath the topic heading. This means I need to click on the topic and browse through all the pages to get to the last page unsure.png

Doggone - are you referring to the mobile version of the site? I'll be adding page numbers to the mobile site this weekend.

On a Galaxy Tab you can also force it to use the full web version of the site. Just scroll to the bottom of the page, select Change Theme -> Web Version

Not sure why, but when I view the classifieds all the text has got some sort of code included (I'm using IE 8), not sure if my browser is the issue, or if its a setting I need to change somewhere unsure.png

I cannot seem to be able to load a picture, do I have to use the full editor, I read your reply to Drongo, but it does not seem to work for me or is it only on this thread wacko.png

I also cannot seem to reply to a specific post on thread, only the reply option at the bottom of the screen.

The black side bars have disapeared today, so thats great thumbup1.gif

Has the search function been upgraded, and possibly a few extra emoticons please?

Is it also possible to be able to go straight to your last post when going back to a thread?

The Classifieds issue is IE 7/8 related. I'll be working on a fix throughout the day, but in the interim update to IE 9 if you're able to. Things will look MUCH better all round on IE 9.

You have to use the Full editor to attach images. Just hit the More Reply Options button in the quick reply section to open the full one.

To reply to a specific comment hit the Quote button which appears below the comment.

The search feature has had some improvements. I'll be refining settings over the next few days to get it as accurate as possible.

I can't see any way to go to your last post in a topic. You can get to the first unread post or latest post:

topic_links.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply thumbup1.gif , will see if I can do the IE 9, but I'm still using Windows XP Professional blush.png Is it not possible to get the upload, links & media function button as they used to be?

Stooopid q - but how do I get the background to my avatar white?! You can see why... (wording on my old black version of this got "trimmid" - dropping the c and e)

Thanks for the reply thumbup1.gif , will see if I can do the IE 9, but I'm still using Windows XP Professional blush.png Is it not possible to get the upload, links & media function button as they used to be?

Can't update XP to IE9

Moses, what a process! Matt, I suggest you just try self-flagellation in future. Much easier (though I don't speak from personal experience).

The pages feature you speak of is in almost exactly the same place as before, just moved to the left...

Only Previous and next are visible so I have to browse the topic page by page. Is this only because I am browsing on a Galaxy tab?

Edited by Doggone

Only Previous and next are visible so I have to browse the topic page by page. Is this only because I am browsing on a Galaxy tab?

In case you missed my earlier post:

Doggone - are you referring to the mobile version of the site? I'll be adding page numbers to the mobile site this weekend.

On a Galaxy Tab you can also force it to use the full web version of the site. Just scroll to the bottom of the page, select Change Theme -> Web Version

Just a small thing I've noticed, you can no longer see how long a person has been a Hubber for.