@#$%&* Inconsiderate Cyclist's!!

Wannabe

To answer your question as I just answered it on that survey, I'm prepared to afford all other vehicles consideration whilst using the road, be it on my bike or in my car, or any other vehicle.

I will not disregard the right of way of any other vehicle, and when challenged I will stand up for my own.

I don't think this thread is intended to impact on your rights in any way, it probably best serves the interest of renewed relations between the motorists and cyclists.

You have every right to conduct yourself in the manner that the situation demands. Right?

EDIT: ^_^

Edited by Pain or Shine

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming down from Llandudno on Saturday, there were vehicles parked on the shoulder of the road near the Apostles Hotel. It was a dangerous area for cyclists as cars come speeding down from behind and there is the threat of being whacked by a opening car door.

I then owned the lane, held my hand up to indicate an alert to the motorists behind me wearing my highly visible white glove.

They duly slowed down.

When they passed me, I thanked them with a brief wave and a good old helmet nod.

I always signal when I turn or thank the yielding motorist when I can.

And I always sense appreciation and courtesy in return.

We (Nobody and myself) met this colourfull character yesterday on the way home.

We are on pedestrian crossing, the perp jumps a stop sign and drives just in front of us. We say "hey it is a stop sign". Perp gets all excited, pulls over car with brakes squealing, digs in back of car for whip and comes on over hoping for a fight ... he gets more excited and walks back to car.

His closing comment was ... well you guys (AKA cyclists in general) ride in front of me all the time and I have to slow down for you. I noted that I was not those cyclists he referred to.

This is a typical case of car / bicycle conflict that could have gone badly.

Anyway, if you travel this route look out for the perp and if anybody does want to look for a fight and you want a peaceful solution and then unfortunately things get worse, always take a pic or two.

H

post-5403-0-74779000-1328692372.jpg

We (Nobody and myself) met this colourfull character yesterday on the way home.

We are on pedestrian crossing, the perp jumps a stop sign and drives just in front of us. We say "hey it is a stop sign". Perp gets all excited, pulls over car with brakes squealing, digs in back of car for whip and comes on over hoping for a fight ... he gets more excited and walks back to car.

His closing comment was ... well you guys (AKA cyclists in general) ride in front of me all the time and I have to slow down for you. I noted that I was not those cyclists he referred to.

This is a typical case of car / bicycle conflict that could have gone badly.

Anyway, if you travel this route look out for the perp and if anybody does want to look for a fight and you want a peaceful solution and then unfortunately things get worse, always take a pic or two.

H

That comment is his excuse for being a knuckle dragger.....

This is also a typical case of how one rider's actions can affect all the riders' rep. (not you Hairy/Nobody.. "you guys").

Hey, you can enter this shot in the best phone photos thread elsewhere on the hub.. :P

This is also a typical case of how one rider's actions can affect all the riders' rep. (not you Hairy/Nobody.. "you guys"). Hey, you can enter this shot in the best phone photos thread elsewhere on the hub.. :P

I dont think so, this guy was looking for a fight....and a reason to justify his actions......I bet you if you ride properly 5 m away from this clot on the cycle lane he will still have a problem with you.

How can a cyclist piss him off enough to skip a stop street........!?

This is also a typical case of how one rider's actions can affect all the riders' rep. (not you Hairy/Nobody.. "you guys").

Hey, you can enter this shot in the best phone photos thread elsewhere on the hub.. :P

How can you possibly argue a rider's actions caused this idiot to brandish a bat? The idea that having to drive a little more slowly than usual merits a beating with a bat is the problem here.

Undoubtedly whoever slowed him down was inconsiderate. A beating with a bat is not a rational response to that inconvenience.

Well done to Hairy for taking this deluded primate's photo.

I don't think this thread is intended to impact on your rights in any way, it probably best serves the interest of renewed relations between the motorists and cyclists.

You have every right to conduct yourself in the manner that the situation demands. Right?

EDIT: ^_^

I'm all for renewed relations, which is why I posted that.

I dont think so, this guy was looking for a fight....and a reason to justify his actions......I bet you if you ride properly 5 m away from this clot on the cycle lane he will still have a problem with you.

How can a cyclist piss him off enough to skip a stop street........!?

How can you possibly argue a rider's actions caused this idiot to brandish a bat? The idea that having to drive a little more slowly than usual merits a beating with a bat is the problem here.

Undoubtedly whoever slowed him down was inconsiderate. A beating with a bat is not a rational response to that inconvenience.

Well done to Hairy for taking this deluded primate's photo.

It is not my argument, it is fact, Hairy said that was his response.

See, I think what Caveman was getting at, is all his accumulative frustration is vented at the person who comments on his wrong doing.. His retaliation is to blame the cyclists for all the stuff they have done to him..

There was no link to his running a stop and him saying it was the cyclists who anger him, he said that to justify why he came at H&N with a bat!

It is not my argument, it is fact, Hairy said that was his response.

See, I think what Caveman was getting at, is all his accumulative frustration is vented at the person who comments on his wrong doing.. His retaliation is to blame the cyclists for all the stuff they have done to him..

There was no link to his running a stop and him saying it was the cyclists who anger him, he said that to justify why he came at H&N with a bat!

+

Yes to the above reply, and he was "off the wall" from the moment we said he jumped the stop street till he got back into his car.

So this morning I cycled in town and a lovely lady waited longer at the stop street than was necessary in order to allow me to pass. I smiled and she rewarded me with a dazzling smile ...... small things like that really make for a good start to the day.

Pity I never had the camera ready though :)