@#$%&* Inconsiderate Cyclist's!!

Wannabe

This is more like it - rather than insisting we all ride in the gutter:

PPA LAUNCHES SAFE CYCLING CAMPAIGN

PPA is about to launch a major safe cycling campaign to focus attention on safe passing distance. Watch out for our branded buses, print advertising, and bumper stickers linked to a competition in which you can win one of six bicycles. Amongst others, we are looking for names of cycle-friendly coffee shops - read more on our website and send us your nomination now!

I prefer the Engen sponsored ads telling cyclists that they need to stick to the rules of the road to be safe. That's not gonna happen anytime soon, is it?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see in the paper, the inconsiderate cyclists are even arseholes on stationary bikes:

Gym member tells of racist insults

Not so quick on the judgement there. On 702 this morning there were callers into the radio station disputing what is claimed to have happened. Richard Branson has personally intervened and a full investigation of what took place and how VA management handled it will take place. As usual there are 2 sides to the story.

Not so quick on the judgement there.

Dude? I'm not judging anyone. I'm saying, even on stationary bikes, arseholes will cause ***. Same as arseholes causing *** on regular bikes.

The spin studio is an intense environment. VA must station a bouncer in each class to defuse these violent disruptions before they get out of control. Also we need more Barbara Streisand and less of that doef-doef rabble rousing clatter.

Dude? I'm not judging anyone. I'm saying, even on stationary bikes, arseholes will cause ***. Same as arseholes causing *** on regular bikes.

+1.

Spinning class bullies must be made to ride the dunce bike for the rest of the class.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l3uRKcBInuU/R7FAbzyIZiI/AAAAAAAAABQ/8TZOGJdCdkM/s320/100_2718.jpg

The spin studio is an intense environment. VA must station a bouncer in each class to defuse these violent disruptions before they get out of control. Also we need more Barbara Streisand and less of that doef-doef rabble rousing clatter.

LL are you serious? A bouncer? They should rather have a process to ban those mbers.

LL are you serious? A bouncer? They should rather have a process to ban those mbers.

Umm.. no was not serious. Although if the quotes are accurate the guy in question does deserve a ban. Also maybe a chat outside with one of the brothers in the weight lifting section.

Would be good to get the City of Cape Town and the Prov Dept of Transport on board to support these initiatives in the WEstern Cape. Maybe someone from the PPA should speak to Aunty Helen and Uncle Carlisle :eek:

Reg, spot on. I think without support, the campaign may just become hot air.

To add to your list, the cyclists need to be the strongest form of support. If the PPA roll out awareness, it wont do much if riders continue with the attitude of "It's my right." As correct as the statement is, the behavior surrounding the word "right" is often misconstrued and laced with aggression.

Where this campaign might fall short is to have the motorists respond by pointing fingers at the negligence of the cyclists. A not so merry-go-round comes to mind..

It looks like this thread and this thread might have met at this point. What are you prepared to do for safer roads?

To answer your question as I just answered it on that survey, I'm prepared to afford all other vehicles consideration whilst using the road, be it on my bike or in my car, or any other vehicle.

I will not disregard the right of way of any other vehicle, and when challenged I will stand up for my own.

Umm.. no was not serious. Although if the quotes are accurate the guy in question does deserve a ban. Also maybe a chat outside with one of the brothers in the weight lifting section.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: