@#$%&* Inconsiderate Cyclist's!!

Wannabe

Guest Omega Man

This is just me so feel free to disagree. I think because the Argus is coming up there are more cyclists out training so that's got our eye.

I personally don't think it's cyclists. It's our whole society. Every morning I sit in traffic and watch idiot f*&cktards jump into a on-ramp just so they can gain 10 car lengths. The problem is that they are causing people to brake which causes the VERY problem that they are trying to scybe their way around. I also sit there watching people throw their cigarette butts out the window while bushfires are ravaging out province.

Crime. roadrage etc etc are just a symptoms of a very sick society. And cyclists that ride 2 and 3 abreast and give you the finger when you hoot are just one of the very many symptoms of a very sick warped and twisted society.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Sorry I don't know what I did there to make it appear twice.

Had the same **** this morning on the botlary. Just before the Kuilsriver golf club, Wielle's group rolled by us, just before the hill from Hazendal's side. So the slow down then try to race up the "hill" fkn dudes riding 5 abreast hanging onto each other's wheels almost to the median line.

so se try to inform them that they are being stupid/dangerous/whatever. WTF. the give us the @#$%$^.

Dingbats one and all.

There is way more than enough shoulder to ride 2, even three abreast. Worst thing is the slowest weakest riders were in the middle of the road, them that's gonna make *** decisions in an emergency.

This is a high speed corner for cars. they could be so easily taken out.

But NO we are old dudes, know the show, are the ****. We rule the road.

We should expect better judgement from the old pros................

I have observed similar behaviour in that area. It's especially hairy when because of the many turnoffs on that road and the number of trucks driving badly.

btw, I am new to all of this, doubt me and my trike will be anywhere near busy roads though. I will be sticking to the Zevenwacht cycle lane! Btw, I take up more space on my tricycle, so am generally over cautious when a car passes.

Which reminds me, I have seen cyclists in the middle of the road when a cycle lane is available to them? Is it too uncool to be seen on a safe route? *rolls eyes*

Cyclists get treated like **** in this country. Of course people who are new to cycling have a caviller attitude to riding and take time to learn to behave. But we don't help ourselves by insisting that we must ride single file. Two abreast is normal behaviour in much of Europe for example. When a car passes there it is the law to overtake properly - ie, indicate and pull over to the other lane as if overtaking a scooter or car - so overtaking two is the same as overtaking one.

Not in South Africa, where the law is written by someone who has never been on a bike (eg, we must remain seated at all times). Riding two abreast is no more selfish than a single person driving a car - they take up a huge amount of room, and then hold us up at traffic lights. And they try to kill us with aggressive overtaking.

Surely it's time we took a stand against the many dangerous drivers rather than bitching at cyclists?

Cyclists get treated like **** in this country. Of course people who are new to cycling have a caviller attitude to riding and take time to learn to behave. But we don't help ourselves by insisting that we must ride single file. Two abreast is normal behaviour in much of Europe for example. When a car passes there it is the law to overtake properly - ie, indicate and pull over to the other lane as if overtaking a scooter or car - so overtaking two is the same as overtaking one.

Not in South Africa, where the law is written by someone who has never been on a bike (eg, we must remain seated at all times). Riding two abreast is no more selfish than a single person driving a car - they take up a huge amount of room, and then hold us up at traffic lights. And they try to kill us with aggressive overtaking.

Surely it's time we took a stand against the many dangerous drivers rather than bitching at cyclists?

+10000000000000

Please bru, the road is to be shared by one and all!!!!!! so if everyone is CONSIDERATE then this wouldnt happen. Now as far as europe goes....... this is africa, rules are different in each country and continent. Deal with it and be considerate to other road users.

Please bru, the road is to be shared by one and all!!!!!! so if everyone is CONSIDERATE then this wouldnt happen. Now as far as europe goes....... this is africa, rules are different in each country and continent. Deal with it and be considerate to other road users.

:thumbup:

Exactly! So, if people overtook cyclists in a considerate manner, it would be fine if people rode two abreast right? Since then drivers would already leave a safe amount of space (1.5-2m), the other side of the road would be clear, trains of cars wouldn't try to squeeze past when there's no room - and there would be no problems at all. Sweet!

I dream about it, I really do.

This is a topic that will go round and round until the cows have come home, died and been flogged like horses for a decade or two.

My view:

Be considerate - ride two abreast if the road is quiet, wide and ovetaking in a vehicle will not pose a problem. Make that single file if the road is narrow.

Skip red lights - at 5am in Blesbokmoeralleenberg when there are no cars to get pissed off with you not in peak hour traffic down Corlett drive when people have to use the ABS to not kill you.

Thank motorists that sit behind you for a while until its safe to overtake.

Make eye contact.

Keep to the left but not right on the edge.

Try to skip roads (if possible) where motorists will be forced to sit behind you.

Integrate into traffic - flow where they flow.

Wear visible colours.

This whole holier than thou "i NEVER break the law" vitriole will never work.

This whole "I break the law constantly to keep safe" attitude will never work.

Tune your brain into "common sense" and everyone (cyclists AND motorists) will be happier.

This is just me so feel free to disagree. I think because the Argus is coming up there are more cyclists out training so that's got our eye.

I personally don't think it's cyclists. It's our whole society. Every morning I sit in traffic and watch idiot f*&cktards jump into a on-ramp just so they can gain 10 car lengths. The problem is that they are causing people to brake which causes the VERY problem that they are trying to scybe their way around.

Crime. roadrage etc etc are just a symptom of a very sick society. And cyclists that ride 2 and 3 abreast and give you the finger when you hoot are just one of the very many symptoms of a very sick warped and twisted society.

..fortunately we are riding for enjoyment. We don't however drive for enjoyment, ok, most of us don't.. Aston drivers exempt from that comment

:thumbdown:

Maybe we should be challenging the rules.....clearly we can learn from other countries......rather than say this is Africa?

weeclarky is not saying that we should not be considerate to each other?

Weeclarky, Niner @ David16v, please read what Eldron says over and over and over......there may be hope for us all if you can get this into your skulls.

My view:

Be considerate - ride two abreast if the road is quiet, wide and ovetaking in a vehicle will not pose a problem. Make that single file if the road is narrow.

Skip red lights - at 5am in Blesbokmoeralleenberg when there are no cars to get pissed off with you not in peak hour traffic down Corlett drive when people have to use the ABS to not kill you.

Make eye contact.

Try to skip roads (if possible) where motorists will be forced to sit behind you.

Wear visible colours.

Tune your brain into "common sense" and everyone (cyclists AND motorists) will be happier.

Great post Eldron

This is a topic that will go round and round until the cows have come home, died and been flogged like horses for a decade or two.

My view:

Make eye contact.

Wear visible colours.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Weeclarky, Niner @ David16v, please read what Eldron says over and over and over......there may be hope for us all if you can get this into your skulls.

Great post Eldron

:eek: I just want to pack out laughing.. :clap: