Bike thugs

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dangle did give him the beating he deserves I don't think he would be sharing that info with us. Unfortunately the law protects the criminals.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement.

I have my bike and some sore bruises, let's just say he will only try this with assistance next time, if he does.

first and foremost it is good to hear that you are ok.i hope he gets what he deserves in this life or the next.

Thanks guys for all the encouragement.

I have my bike and some sore bruises, let's just say he will only try this with assistance next time, if he does.

Sorry to hear that dude. Sure as hell glad I don't live in GP!

Truth be told though, I would like to have seen him hop on and try 'rush' off on a SS'er.... :D

Eish! No powa!

first and foremost it is good to hear that you are ok.i hope he gets what he deserves in this life or the next.

Sounds like he may have in this one... ;)

Bugger! I guess the real problem with this sort of incident is that a.) it is really unpredictable when someone will mug you or just move out of your way.

b.) you are really defenceless as there is no way of getting the first move in. your defence will always be after the unfortunate event and is even more complicated when the bicycle is involved. ( I have been practicing the delicate art of dismounting and then using my 16kg dirtjump bike as a bludgeon. tough for you Carbon okes...)

Bugger! I guess the real problem with this sort of incident is that a.) it is really unpredictable when someone will mug you or just move out of your way.

b.) you are really defenceless as there is no way of getting the first move in. your defence will always be after the unfortunate event and is even more complicated when the bicycle is involved. ( I have been practicing the delicate art of dismounting and then using my 16kg dirtjump bike as a bludgeon. tough for you Carbon okes...)

Not if you use a carbon something with edges!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/112895-the-worlds-sexiest-bike/

If Dangle did give him the beating he deserves I don't think he would be sharing that info with us. Unfortunately the law protects the criminals.

The gods protect only the strong.......................

Jeez brother!! Glad you are OK and lets just say I hope he got what was coming to him... I take it you are doing the same route next week...? :whistling:

from the thread title I thought you might be referring to a bicycle gang (like this one seen on prowling the quiet west rand suburbs just over a week ago)

post-10758-0-12266100-1329221011.jpg

But I'm guessing the perpetrator which you encoutered does not wear such colourful apparel.

Unfortunate that such incidents occur. Hope any percussive healing techniques you used on said perpetrator's face make help you heal up fast!

Glad to see you survived Anton.

It so unfortunate, but we also resorted to group rides over weekends here in Centurion,, to prevent just that. I had plans to ride to the start of the group ride (7km from home) but simply dont wanna take the chance.

Btw, saw Mathilda (didnt talk to her) but she was with a guy on a tandem mtb two weeks ago and it seemed to be going very well.

Oh yes, wanted to post something earlier:

Through my daily activities at work, I made contact with guys from the Mixed Martial Arts training academy in Centurion. Their main focus is to teach women and men self-defense and simply how to walk away from a situation with as little injuries as possible. I briefly touched on the bike-jacking subject and asked if the could present some course/training on what can be done in situations like this. The said that there are various things one could do, but didnt go into detail.

Would some of you in Pta/Joburg area be interested in attending a course like this? I can honestly say that I dont know what the nature of the training (if it comes to that) will be.

Just a thought