Rugby...

'Dale

If that was us playing well i think we will come well short on our "bad day"

I too think the ABs would not be happy with their performance but i think the reality is they aren't as good/dominant as they were previously.

This WC is really for the taking.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I thought we played well. We won the second half and that does not often happen against the AB.

Willie had a bad game and should have been replaced earlier. It was interesting to hear Rassie explain that the timing of his replacements was heavily impacted by injuries unfortunately.

I think we can definitely make it to the final and on the day anything can happen.

If i must be Honest, i don't see the Boks making the Final.  Ireland are looking very very good. And i think a Ireland/All Blacks final. And Ireland to take it. 

The problem is, Rassie and the Boks are already talking about the final, the same happened last week before the AB game, and they lost. Think they are a bit overconfident. That's just my opinion. :ph34r:

If i must be Honest, i don't see the Boks making the Final. Ireland are looking very very good. And i think a Ireland/All Blacks final. And Ireland to take it.

The problem is, Rassie and the Boks are already talking about the final, the same happened last week before the AB game, and they lost. Think they are a bit overconfident. That's just my opinion. :ph34r:

In 2007 England lost 36-0 and still made it to the final. I thought our forwards looked strong and for a change they got over the advantage line a lot.

In 2011 France lost 37-17 against nz in the pool stage and the came damn close to beating them in the final.

If i must be Honest, i don't see the Boks making the Final.  Ireland are looking very very good. And i think a Ireland/All Blacks final. And Ireland to take it. 

Yup, only thing they can look forward to is to improve. more tackles missed than NZ, less defenders beaten than NZ, less ball carries than NZ, less passes than NZ, less off loads than NZ, less clean breaks than NZ and more than double the penalties than NZ.  Even with more ball possession and territory we still lost.  But lets blame the ref.

Yup, only thing they can look forward to is to improve. more tackles missed than NZ, less defenders beaten than NZ, less ball carries than NZ, less passes than NZ, less off loads than NZ, less clean breaks than NZ and more than double the penalties than NZ.  Even with more ball possession and territory we still lost.  But lets blame the ref.

No one blamed the ref

We are still killing our forwards with our forward-centric game plan.

If anything we were lucky not to be man down. If that ball out of that ruck, im very sure ABs would of scored.

I that was because there was a split second of daylight before he went for the ball. Not a concerted effort but enough to justify penalty only.

Yup, only thing they can look forward to is to improve. more tackles missed than NZ, less defenders beaten than NZ, less ball carries than NZ, less passes than NZ, less off loads than NZ, less clean breaks than NZ and more than double the penalties than NZ. Even with more ball possession and territory we still lost. But lets blame the ref.

Although all true, most of those stats were very close. The majority of those stats are also skewed towards the backline. Very difficult to beat the AB on backline stats. Our rush defense also often result in the first tackler “missing” the tackle but slowing the player down so that the second tackler can make the tackle behind the game line. I thought that actually worked well, but it makes for bad reading in the stats.

Although all true, most of those stats were very close. The majority of those stats are also skewed towards the backline. Very difficult to beat the AB on backline stats. Our rush defense also often result in the first tackler “missing” the tackle but slowing the player down so that the second tackler can make the tackle behind the game line. I thought that actually worked well, but it makes for bad reading in the stats.

Sure some were marginal but then the score should have reflected this more so in light of territorial and ball possession advantage. End of day the Boks were outclassed and have work to do.