Rugby...

'Dale

Am I correct in saying that the Bokke and All Blacks will in theory meet again in the semi-finals assuming they are top two in their pool and then win their quarters?

No, They're in the same pool (B) where they'll play each other, and if both teams go further, they'll only meet again in the final.

QF 1: Winner of pool C vs Runner up of pool D

QF 2: Winner of pool B vs Runner up of pool A

QF 3: Winner of pool D vs Runner up of pool C

QF 4: Winner of pool A vs Runner up of pool B

SF 1: Winners of QF1 vs QF2

SF 2: Winners of QF 3 vs QF4

Final: ....

Edited by stefmeister

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, They're in the same pool (B) where they'll play each other, and if both teams go further, they'll only meet again in the final.

QF 1: Winner of pool C vs Runner up of pool D

QF 2: Winner of pool B vs Runner up of pool A

QF 3: Winner of pool D vs Runner up of pool C

QF 4: Winner of pool A vs Runner up of pool B

SF 1: Winners of QF1 vs QF2

SF 2: Winners of Q31 vs QF4

Final: ....

That's what I thought too! That's how RSA and ENG played each other in 2007.

However, I was playing with the RWC 2019 App's "Bracket" feature last night and could only get RSA vs NZL in a semi under various scenarios.

I think the RWC 2019 App is faulty! 

That's what I thought too! That's how RSA and ENG played each other in 2007.

However, I was playing with the RWC 2019 App's "Bracket" feature last night and could only get RSA vs NZL in a semi under various scenarios.

I think the RWC 2019 App is faulty! 

Yep, in that case the App is Faulty. Teams from the same group will only play each other again in the Final. 

Yep, in that case the App is Faulty. Teams from the same group will only play each other again in the Final. 

I've emailed them to check. Maybe I'll get some complimentary tickets to the final for pointing out their mistake.  :whistling:

I've emailed them to check. Maybe I'll get some complimentary tickets to the final for pointing out their mistake.  :whistling:

Some people have all the luck...

Colleague who sits next to me told me his wife got rewarded by her work  by sending her to Japan for the All Blacks vs Springboks game.... and then again for the Final!! Talk about being spoilt by your employer.  :eek:

Also remember, the team that wins the Championship, never wins the World Cup. :ph34r: .

Bokke played ok, Argentina was absolutely terrible.  

NZ are the decider here. they have always won either of the trophies, but never both.

24 trinations/rugby champs

16 victories

of the 8 times they have lost, 3 have been in a world cup year. they won the Webb Ellis trophy twice so far and are faves for Japan'19 !

something south africa can not win - Hosting rights to the world cup.

Held it in 1995 without bidding for it (amateur days still!).

Since then we have bid to host it in 2011,2015,2019,2023 and lost 4 out of 4.

For 2027, the RWC will have been in northern hemisphere for 3 consecutive tournaments, so one would think that a southern hemisphere country would host it. The suits will send it back to europe for 2031 no doubt.

Current interested bids - Arg/US/Russia/AUS.

So there's a good chance we might only get it in 2035, that would be 40 years between world cups!

something south africa can not win - Hosting rights to the world cup.

Held it in 1995 without bidding for it (amateur days still!).

Since then we have bid to host it in 2011,2015,2019,2023 and lost 4 out of 4.

For 2027, the RWC will have been in northern hemisphere for 3 consecutive tournaments, so one would think that a southern hemisphere country would host it. The suits will send it back to europe for 2031 no doubt.

Current interested bids - Arg/US/Russia/AUS.

So there's a good chance we might only get it in 2035, that would be 40 years between world cups!

A country needs money and electricity to host a world cup. South Africa and Argentina are rapidly running out of both ...

Could do worse than hold it in Argentina, cheaper than Europe, Aus and NZ, food is amazing, they have the stadiums and are passionate about sport so filling the stadiums would not be be a problem. 

Could do worse than hold it in Argentina, cheaper than Europe, Aus and NZ, food is amazing, they have the stadiums and are passionate about sport so filling the stadiums would not be be a problem. 

and the chicks are HOT :devil:

Swys de Bruin has stepped down as assistant coach of the Springboks.

"personal and medical issues"

A month before the World Cup, oke must be taking serious strain

Given his early return from the Lions overseas tour in SupeRugby, there must (read: guessing) be something similar.

If ever there was a doubt that the ABs were on the slide, Saturday's result against the Aussies will hopefully serve as a wake-up to the rest of the rugby playing world, that they aren't down and out.

Hopefully the RWC will be as exciting to watch as the Tour was... except that we have to watch mid-morning rather than in the afternoon.

Welsh dragons nr 1

After Kiwis were at the top for 509 weeks

What a milestone

2009 to 2019.... Quite phenomenal.

What's even more amazing is that Wales are only the 4th team to take the number one spot ever since it was introduced in November 2003. Since June 2004... It has only ever been SA or NZ.... And let's face it.... Predominantly NZ

While the seeding does appear odd, the Welsh have won something like 14 of their last 15 games, albeit none played against NZ. The NZ team this weekend appeared to iron out some issues and they will build on from that.