Rugby...

'Dale

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/world-cup/news-world-cup/etzebeth-must-return-home-now

HRC want Etzebeth to return home.

I'm calling bs on this one, for one very obvious reason.

The incident involves a whole group of people, but they are targeting just one person - the famous one so alternative agendas can be followed.

nsfw videoclip from the event that doesn't tell much..can indeed hear the "jou ma se ****", but it doesn't have a brackenfell accent.

He's from Goerroed not Brakenfell. At least his family is.

Is there a difference?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a shout out to the hubbers doing well in the hub superbru pool? :ph34r:

What's the link.. Although I'm doing pretty poorly this world cup

I was lucky enough to be in Fiji for the opening weekend, it was awesome watching the (first half at least) game vs australia. They will be really bummed they missed so many kicks in the tight game vs Uruguay, as it would have setup a very interesting game vs Wales.

He's from Goerroed not Brakenfell. At least his family is.

Is there a difference?

parrow it seems! article from 2016

Back in the day, just mentioning the Etzebeth family in the Parow area would trigger fear.

The Etzebeths were legitimately the hard men of Parow. His uncles ‘Skattie’ and Cliffie Etzebeth were legendary bar fights.

Skattie was killed in 1993 while collecting a debt, but Cliffie is still going strong. At age 62 he won the world amateur wrestling title in 2012.

When they were Eben’s age, Cliffie and Skattie would go looking for fights in the Parow Hotel over weekends:

“It was easy, you know. You just take someone’s drink and wait for him to react. At the end of the month we’d go to the Parow Hotel when the Railway okes got paid. It was never hard to start a fight.”

One night Skattie decked a young farmer at a Stellenbosch dance. Skattie carried on drinking. A few minutes later the confused farmer got up and started walking unsteadily. Skattie looked up, put his drink down and said: “Oh, I can see you’re up already!” and knocked him out again.

Cliffie actually played rugby for the championship-winning Western Province in the Seventies and Eighties; and doubled as the Province’s captain’s bodyguard when visiting Pretoria, by order of Doc Danie Craven himself.

While his uncles were almost all wrestlers who flirted with the wrong side of the law, Eben’s father was a policeman. Either way, as lawman or lawless, an Etzebeth is not allowed to defer.

“People will know if you are hard,” Etzebeth told the Irish Times. “It is not standing back from anyone. Don’t ever move back or avoid confrontation. It’s the people we are.”

Still, he knows the line and he knows he cannot emulate his uncles: “You would get locked up for doing what they did. You can’t do that anymore. You can get away with a bit of pushing and shoving, but if you punch someone then you risk being on the sidelines. Small margins.”

Listening to that it sounds like the All Black supporters down there trying to get revenge for the supposed food poisoning incident in 95. Jou ma se .....

had a very interesting chat about current team under Rassie.

IMAGINE if toetie was still the coach?!

We were like, joh, would niknaks Kirchner still be under the highballs?

not really.

Check the team from Toetie's final game, v Wales Dec 2017

A huge majority of these players are involved in the RWC. Rassie has just managed to coach them better. (I also think it is unfair to say that Kolbe has made the difference, Toetie was a huge backer of him from his time and WP/Stormers - i think he would have been "unavailable as an overseas player" in 2017)

South Africa Team

Forwards

• 1 Steven Kitshoff
  • 2 Malcolm Marx
  • 3 Wilco Louw
  • 4 Eben Etzebeth (Captain)
  • 5 Lood de Jager
  • 6 Siya Kolisi
  • 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit
  • 8 Dan du Preez

Backs

• 9 Ross Cronje
  • 10 Handré Pollard
  • 11 Warrick Gelant
  • 12 Francois Venter
  • 13 Jesse Kriel
  • 14 Dillyn Leyds
  • 15 Andries Coetzee

Replacements

• 16 Bongi Mbonambi
  • 17 Trevor Nyakane
  • 18 Ruan Dreyer
  • 19 Oupa Mohoje
  • 20 Uzair Cassiem
  • 21 Louis Schreuder
  • 22 Elton Jantjies
  • 23 Lukhanyo Am

Yup... Ability to coach is as important as the players at hand...add to that....Respect for the coach makes a huge impact on players performance....

????+????=

post-1830-0-46632400-1570792829_thumb.png

cricket sometimes has a reserve day, but then they expect rain to wreck things. i dunno what the chances of this happening were, but you would have thought they had a plan B (being japanese and that organised and all).

move the games to another venue with two days notice, delay them by a day..piggybag other games and create a double header.

they had options, and if the japan/scotland game gets canned then it is going to cause a big stink.

(but will suit us nicely, except japan would then have got a nice break).

attachicon.gifjapan.png

cricket sometimes has a reserve day, but then they expect rain to wreck things. i dunno what the chances of this happening were, but you would have thought they had a plan B (being japanese and that organised and all).

move the games to another venue with two days notice, delay them by a day..piggybag other games and create a double header.

they had options, and if the japan/scotland game gets canned then it is going to cause a big stink.

(but will suit us nicely, except japan would then have got a nice break).

England France and new Zealand are already going to have a nice long break and not have a physical game

So Japan it is.

We creamed them coming into the tournament, but they sure have played cards open since then and been amazing.

Remember the sunwolves in super rugby?

They won just two games, all part of a greater plan?

I am not comfortable with our upcoming game against the Japanese, they played proper rugby against Scotland and Ireland. You don't win all 4 of your pool games by the bounce of the ball.

The Boks need to bring their full intensity to this match and not think for a second about the Semi until the final whistle blows.

Japan will be a tough game, but I can’t help being happy that Ireland, NZ, England and Aus are all bunched up on the same side of the tournament. To win the cup we will only need to beat one of those teams.

I believe we have the beating of Japan and then by at least 10 points. Japan have played hard and played well and deserve to be in the quarters. Whatever the Japanese rugby authorities are paying Jamie Joseph is money well spent, but their run will end.