Rugby...

'Dale

Interesting games coming up this weekend :

Brumbies beat Hurricanes, in Wellington, earlier this year.

'Canes had a weekend off - sometimes a team loses that momentum.

Brumbies had a cracker last week - what are the chances of another this and again next week?

Brumbies travelled to SA, then back in a week - what would that do?

'Canes lost 2 (1 home, 1 away), while Brumbies lost 7 (4 away, 3 home).

Highlanders beat the Waratahs at home earlier this year.

'Tahs also had weekend off.

Highlander's don't have to travel too far.

Both lost 5 games, 2 home and 3 away

Who to pick? Superbru is the only thing keeping me partially interested to the end of the season.

Canes vs Tahs final, me thinks. But that weekend off is got me pondering the away teams causing an upset.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what our 95 heroes are up to. What a diverse group of players! And so ended the amateur era where life after rugby was a big deal.

http://www.sapeople.com/2015/06/30/1995-springbok-rugby-players-south-africa/

that's a cool read - interesting how many of them are farming.

I think they also forgot to mention that francois piennaar has also done a mega @#$ load of Lays adverts. oh and he started the varsity cup.

Also see that christian stewart who played for canada at the world cup is also into auctions

Couldn't have been a better final. Chuffed for the Landers. Thoroughly deserved.

Very impressive how these guys can stick to and still execute their game with such high stakes and obviously immense pressure and doing it so well on top of it.

Compared to some SA teams that seem to just flop in playoff games. That's not a criticism bytheway. Just an observation.

Hope I'm mis-understanding wikipedia here

The fixture schedule is still to be confirmed, but each team will play at least one match against all the other teams in their conference. They will also play one round of fixtures against all the teams in the other conference in their group, as well as games against one of the two conferences in the opposite group.

Meaning a Saffa team would play all the other saffa teams at least once (the 2 conferences in the African group) - and then only Aussie or NZ teams not both (games against one of the conferences in the Australasian group)

Hands up to which you countries team you would prefer playing - Aussie or NZ teams?

This system seems even more screwed than the current one....

BTW Skubs. Why didn't you pick for the S15 final?

Saturday's team vs World XV

This team just seems too old for my liking. Quite a few players are on track for their 3rd World Cup!! 

Springboks

15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Marcell Coetzee, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Oupa Mohoje, 20 Schalk Burger, 21 Cobus Reinach, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jean de Villiers

Saturday's team vs World XV

This team just seems too old for my liking. Quite a few players are on track for their 3rd World Cup!! 

Springboks

15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Marcell Coetzee, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Victor Matfield (captain), 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Oupa Mohoje, 20 Schalk Burger, 21 Cobus Reinach, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jean de Villiers

agreed D. But we all knew that Meyer would be hauling out the geriatric XV for this world cup. And that front row - Sannie and Beast were beyond shite this year.

they obviously didnt check the expiry date on that front row.

Ruan pienaar will be given another opportunity to prove he isnt good enough!

So much for a talented backline when the ball is stuck at No.9

Bleh!

Burger drafted into the No.8 role for Saturday's clash with the wobblies  

Springboks squad:

Willie le Roux, JP Pietersen, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Bryan Habana, Handré Pollard, Ruan Pienaar (vice-captain), Schalk Burger, Marcell Coetzee, Francois Louw, Victor Matfield (captain), Eben Etzebeth, Jannie du Plessis, Bismarck du Plessis, Tendai Mtawarira

Replacements: Adriaan Strauss, Heinke van der Merwe, Frans Malherbe, Lood de Jager, Oupa Mohoje, Cobus Reinach, Pat Lambie, Lwazi Mvovo

*still have major problems with Jannie and Pienaar, the springboks weak links for sure! :thumbdown: 

Rugby Champs again

GO, ARGENTINA!!

Hope they get a few more scalps this year after last year's single win against Oz

I like Schalk at 8. He has become a good linking loosie in his twilight years.Not just crash and bash anymore. Don't know so much about positions 1, 3, and 9.

And Matfield aaaaaarrrrrgh. Please PS du Toit recover quickly.

Rugby Champs again

GO, ARGENTINA!!

Hope they get a few more scalps this year after last year's single win against Oz

Comparing that historic performance to the TDF one would almost assume Argentina were on something.  

BTW Skubs. Why didn't you pick for the S15 final?

I was out in the bush in Limpopo for 2 weeks with no signal - would have picked the Hurricanes anyway so no loss there  :ph34r: