Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Sharks to grab a bonus point on a tough away game. WP showed their class by beating a determined Sharks side. Die Kaap is weer Holkands vanaand.

The boo-ing is what you can expect on Newlands..... Quite disrespectfull

At least there was a crowd. Only the Bulls' boyfriends go to Poeftus these days.

Possibly the greatest Bok performance of recent history, man of the match: Heyneke Meyer!

Good performance by HM, but don't discount JdV's hand in this win. I thought he was absolutely brilliant. HM will need to get the best out of the whole 23 against the All Blacks to stand a chance. Its no good trying to play the first 15 for 70 minutes against a side like the All Blacks.

Looks like we got our way afterall. Six SA sides from 2016.

how is it going to look?

I'm afraid the devil will be in the detail. We may have won the battle but probably lost the war. Unless of course we wanted to lose the war to achieve domestic harmony and then use the reality of 16 teams as an excuse to join a European competition. The latter must potentially be far more lucrative for selling broadcasting rights. But chasing the money at a competition-level may yet spell disaster for SA and Springbok rugby. A very dangerous precedent has already been set at a player-level by allowing foreign-based players to play for the Springboks.

Good performance by HM, but don't discount JdV's hand in this win. I thought he was absolutely brilliant. HM will need to get the best out of the whole 23 against the All Blacks to stand a chance. Its no good trying to play the first 15 for 70 minutes against a side like the All Blacks.

Although yesterday's changes were made before the 60th minute if I'm not mistaken.

Although yesterday's changes were made before the 60th minute if I'm not mistaken.

On the substitution situation:

57th minute

Strauss - sub on

Steenkamp - sub on

Kruger - sub on

van der Merwe - sub off

BW du Plessis - sub off

Mtawarira - sub off

70th minute

Louw - sub off

Steyn - sub off

Lambie - sub on

de Villiers - sub off

Kolisi - sub on

Serfontein - sub on

The first bulk round of subs were spot-on, but I think that Meyer could have sub'ed the last 3 earlier. It is a huge improvement from earlier in the season where he first complained about the long season his players had and then proceeded to play them for 70 minutes without substituting them.

That Cheslyn Kolbe from province has a bit of gas on him

He's awesome.

Really enjoy watching him.

Must say I dont really care for SA rugby anymore, the fighting is horrible. Now they want our teams to go and play the against the Northern Hemisphere teams. Those guys play a gentlemans game, they play the ball and not the man, what a pleasure to watch. Forgive me fellow hubbers but I am tired watching our players bite and use their fists during games......

Must say I dont really care for SA rugby anymore, the fighting is horrible. Now they want our teams to go and play the against the Northern Hemisphere teams. Those guys play a gentlemans game, they play the ball and not the man, what a pleasure to watch. Forgive me fellow hubbers but I am tired watching our players bite and use their fists during games......

...... use fists?????? Last time fists was used it was Hubbers at Killarney!!!!!!!!!

BTW, how do you bite with a gum guard in your mouf???????

Edited by Big H*

BTW, how do you bite with a gum guard in your mouf???????

Dunno, ask the guys that did the Citing Hearings for exactly the same offence, over the last two weeks.

Edited by Wannabe