Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please. Who is this box?

By calling him a box you are very polite Sir!

Back to the topic - cannot wait for the world cup!

Think Wales and Ireland will be dangerous teams this year.

The Samoa game will pose challenges with injuries.

Edited by Bloukrans

this has been doing the rounds...some interesting stats

attachicon.gifboks.JPG

so nick mallett is the only oke who has a positive account against the all blacks?!

if you really really want to dig into this, then this article is probably the best place to go to.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2015-08-19-study-finds-little-fair-play-in-treatment-of-sas-black-rugby-players/#.VdSWJ_mqqko

and in the main, I agree - counting up caps means nothing - look at minutes played.. how many times did JW throw a guy like shimange on for the last ten minutes once the game was to all intents and purposes over?

so nick mallett is the only oke who has a positive account against the all blacks?!

if you really really want to dig into this, then this article is probably the best place to go to.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2015-08-19-study-finds-little-fair-play-in-treatment-of-sas-black-rugby-players/#.VdSWJ_mqqko

and in the main, I agree - counting up caps means nothing - look at minutes played.. how many times did JW throw a guy like shimange on for the last ten minutes once the game was to all intents and purposes over?

True! You can bend stats anyway you want.

I always thought Tony E was a bit of a loose cannon, but if the above tweets are really from him, then I fear he is a loose nuclear weapon as well as a racist of megaton proportions. Come to think of it, they should really test him for rabies before making him ambassador to Somalia or Syria.

So speculation has it that Kolisi for Brussow and Paige for Reinach to make sure 9 players of colour are in the RWC squad. I plead the 5th if it's true ... 

So speculation has it that Kolisi for Brussow and Paige for Reinach to make sure 9 players of colour are in the RWC squad. I plead the 5th if it's true ... 

don't forget Nik-Naks at fullback.

looks like you were right

so basically at one of the most crucial positions we have "slowly does it" pienaar...or "let me get my zimmer frame" du preez or "wet behind the ears" Paige.

and as for brussow not even being in the squad.....

No wonder all our talented young white players is buggering off to Europe to play rugby there.  Kockott got into the French team.  I am sure some of our other players will soon pop up in other international teams.

It is a sad state of affairs when you run out to play against the country of your birth.  SA is probably the only country in the world that have quotas for sport.  I don't see this happening with the US Basketball team.

Problem is... Morne Steyn is solid. Lambie is getting F@€$@ over as flyhalf, inside centre and fullback. A 38yr old lock does not cut it. Im a Jean de Villiers fan but do the Jacques fourie, Juan Smit and Bakkies Botha move and withdraw. In a final I want the fittest, strongest and fastest players and not experience.

poor Kolisi is getting painted with the quota brush because of useless Paige. We all know Hougard is a game changer. Rather replace Habana for a player of colour and Matfield for a loose foward. We have enough locks.

please take an xtra scrummie coz if my wishes come true Pienaar will break both legs on the way to OR Thambo

Edited by Boerklong

Let's hope that some Samoan player convinces Ruan to retire.  On second thoughts, Heineke will probably play his second stringers against Samoa, as they are known to tackle players out of the game.