Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meyer communicated his desire to stand aside to SARU following a recent meeting with Oregan Hoskins, SARU president, and the CEO, Jurie Roux.

Meyer said he had decided to stand aside as coach, a decision he considers to be in the best interests of South African rugby, following recent developments.

News24

here comes Average I mean Allister Coetzee for Bok coach.

Noooooooooo.............

Well gents the one thing I hope SARU has learned with HM is to not pick a coach who was at his best four years before they appoint him as the Bok coach. It only ends in tears for us as fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New laws to be tried in a number of competitions in 2016. Most notable are:

Two refs (already used in the Varsity Cup);

Option to not take a conversion;

Simulating an injury or diving will be sanctioned. I wish they'd do the same in football, but clearly they don't have big enough balls

http://m.sarugbymag.co.za/?postslug=/blog/details/law-changes-trials-set-for-2016?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 2 weeks later...

New laws to be tried in a number of competitions in 2016. Most notable are:

Two refs (already used in the Varsity Cup);

Option to not take a conversion;

Simulating an injury or diving will be sanctioned. I wish they'd do the same in football, but clearly they don't have big enough balls

http://m.sarugbymag.co.za/?postslug=/blog/details/law-changes-trials-set-for-2016?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There is one law I wish they would change.. If a kicker kicks for touch and a player has one foot out of touch and catch it on the full... for me that should not be counted as out on the full... If he is accurate enough to pinpoint it 10cm infield, why should he be penalised?

There is one law I wish they would change.. If a kicker kicks for touch and a player has one foot out of touch and catch it on the full... for me that should not be counted as out on the full... If he is accurate enough to pinpoint it 10cm infield, why should he be penalised?

I tend to agree with you. If the kickers got the skill/luck to be that accurate the the guy who catches it should display same skill level by keeping the ball in play.

Why would you not want to take a conversion kick after a try? Or am I missing something?

I wont mind them penalising the rolling maul as obstruction. Thats just wrong for me, but then again without it no RSA team or the Springboks will score any tries

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting newsflash:

NEWS: FORMER STORMERS AND SPRINGBOK FLYHALF PETER GRANT WILL MAKE HIS FIRST START FOR THE WESTERN FORCE IN THEIR PRE-SEASON MATCH AGAINST THE HURRICANES AT THE CENTRAL COAST STADIUM IN GOSFORD ON WEDNESDAY.

rugby365