Rugby...

'Dale

I sat through the whole game, kinda like the movie you cant stop watching in hope it gets better.

Just like the tv series Continuum....

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of AC calling Willem Alberts back? I dunno, me thinks it's a step backwards. If you want someone to get you over the advantage line, there's a guy called Jaco Kriel on the bench. Running over defenders doesn't work anymore. 

I'll also be very surprised if he drops Oupa. He's more than likely to play Willem from the bench or promote him to 7 (and move oupa to 6) or 8. Which would be so wrong...

I know it won't happen (not this wknd at least), but I would give Jantjies another shot with Rohan jv Rensburg and Mapoe next to him. And if he still doesn't cut it then, put Goosen at 10 until Lambie is fit again. Move Jesse to 15  or give Andries Coetzee a shot at 15. He's been playing really good lately. 

Oh, and of course replace our entire front row plus a new captain please

Everyone is calling for more Lions players in the Bok team. Yes they did perform well in S15, But this isn't S15. What happened in the final, Rohan was a no-show and Jantjies cracked under pressure, just like these last couple of test matches. Faf and Jantjies isn't performing.

Faf takes to long to pass and why is he always taking a step back before he gives the ball to Jantjies. You cant do that against Aaron Smith.

Yes Maybe the coaching isn't all that great, but if a player has good vision and know how, he will play the situation. Doesn't matter what the game plan is.

Just my 2 cents worth.. :ph34r:  :whistling:

Everyone is calling for more Lions players in the Bok team. Yes they did perform well in S15, But this isn't S15. What happened in the final, Rohan was a no-show and Jantjies cracked under pressure, just like these last couple of test matches. Faf and Jantjies isn't performing.

Faf takes to long to pass and why is he always taking a step back before he gives the ball to Jantjies. You cant do that against Aaron Smith.

Yes Maybe the coaching isn't all that great, but if a player has good vision and know how, he will play the situation. Doesn't matter what the game plan is.

Correct send all the Lions back so we can start wining all our CC games again.

The funniest moment was when Nick Mallet said two B-Sides were playing each other.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the All Black will score less than 5 Tries on Saturday :whistling:

If the AB's clicked like they did against the Wallabies, then its going to be Loooong Night for AC and the Boks.

Calling Alberts back. OMG, there AC just told the ABs in their face that the Bokke is gonna play more Stoomtrein rugby, even more than they were playing now.

I predict that Savea is going to score more than 3 tries against us. We're just going to gift him extra possession with all the up-and-unders that they are going to kick right into his arms.

Edited by Moridin

The result on Saturday was also flattering in my opinion. That TMO decision was marginal..I thought it was a try...and then there was that one that faf clearly touched at the base of the ruck and the aussies scored..owens pulled it back for a penalty

NZ v SA results are always tight...but this isnt going to be one of those days...and tbh..I hope they put a ton on us..maybe then someone will wake up and notice

The funniest moment was when Nick Mallet said two B-Sides were playing each other.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the All Black will score less than 5 Tries on Saturday :whistling:

If the AB's clicked like they did against the Wallabies, then its going to be Loooong Night for AC and the Boks.

I like Mallet.

What a rugby brain.

He's correct.

Both sides are rebuilding.

Both sides are wondering how to get back to top 2 status.

Since the Bokkies won 2007 World Cup, there's been a decline.

With a few highlights here and there.

Almost 10 years now.

Hmmm.....

GO BOKKIES!

Faf and Jantjies performed brilliantly in super rugby because their pack was going forward. Also, they both like a fast attacking style of play. Now you put them behind a struggling pack and you tell them both to play a tactical kicking game. We are not protecting our ball properly so every ruck Faf has to fight for possession first. Then by the time Jantjies gets the ball he has to either kick it or pass to a one dimensional 12. 

Faf and Jantjies performed brilliantly in super rugby because their pack was going forward. Also, they both like a fast attacking style of play. Now you put them behind a struggling pack and you tell them both to play a tactical kicking game. We are not protecting our ball properly so every ruck Faf has to fight for possession first. Then by the time Jantjies gets the ball he has to either kick it or pass to a one dimensional 12. 

And is that the reason he also kicks like crap...

Good point there, leeubok.

Playing the conditions is what makes awesome Test players.

Arguably, Jantjies and Faf is still inching their way onto the international scene.

Hope they can step up their versatility.

Lovely talent right there.

My main concern about Saturday was the inability of the loosies to protect the ball.

And the headless chicken-ness of backline play. Or predictability of the running lines / attacking play.

And is that the reason he also kicks like crap...

LOL, he's never been known for his kicking skills. So instead of telling a ferrari to go 4x4 offroad, why not let Goosen and/or Combrinck (when he was still fit) help with the kicking duties? Barret's goal kicking percentage is just as low as Jantjies. But the difference is the AB's gives him freedom to play his natural attacking game whereas jantjies is boxed in by AC.

Look, as brilliant as Jantjies was for the Lions, I would probably still prefer Lambie ahead of him. IF he's been playing some rugby and performing well, I don't want another player there on reputation only. Our problem is we don't have anyone else at the moment.