Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No more rugby for me until there are serious changes at the top of SARU. no TV, and deffo no watching live games.

It's time Springbok supporters boycott games. DSTV is one of their biggest sponsors, but if there is no-one watching maybe they'll force a change.

The whole rugby structure is SA needs to be overhauled. Until that time, I will not watch any rugby, but school rugby.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Interesting stat

Ireland becomes the next Northern heisphere side to beat the big Southern 3 in one calendar year

England did it in 2003

All the problems we have in SA rugby, players overseas, quotas, amateur structures etc have been there for a long time. Yet our previous coaches still managed to win more games than they lose. Yes it makes it difficult to be the bok coach, but I believe we still have enough talent to be among the top 3 teams in the world. AC is just a clueless coach who fokked up badly this year. yes he was appointed late, but after 11 test matches there has been no improvement, in fact, things have gotten even worse. Several players from the Lions have gone from the form of their life to down in the dumps. How does a coach do that? 

Eddie Jones inherited a very poor Eng squad and with that same squad he now sits on 11 matches unbeaten. he had even less time to work with his squad than AC, he was already in CT when Eng managed to snatch him away from the Stormers. yet AC keeps on blaming his players and the fact that he only started in April (yet we're almost in December now)

Fire AC now, appoint Ackerman and spend some time chasing a foreigner (NZ'der hopefully) to assist Ackers. Swys de Bruyn can take over as head coach of the lions. Perhaps Ackers can even continue as coach of the Lions in super rugby? I think Cheika did that for a year didn't he? 

Eddie Jones inherited a very poor Eng squad and with that same squad he now sits on 11 matches unbeaten. 

nick mallet hit the nail on the head (with his mallet) on Saturday when he said. The difference between a good coach and a coach is the ability to inspire. lancaster assembled a good squad of players which eddie jones took over and inspired them to win (and the rest is history)

nick mallet hit the nail on the head (with his mallet) on Saturday when he said. The difference between a good coach and a coach is the ability to inspire. lancaster assembled a good squad of players which eddie jones took over and inspired them to win (and the rest is history)

For sure. Only other coach in SA that we could put in that same bracket is Johan Ackerman. I would love for him to stay with the Lions and possibly win us a super rugby trophy, but we need him more at the boks. And we need foreign assistance as well

Just go and read Jake White's book, In Black and White, and see if you will take the coaching job for the Springbok team..............one must be absolutely mad to take on that job and it is evident in the state of our Rugby in South Africa......... No wonder the sponsors are turning their backs towards the Springboks.......

at the moment i don't think we have the players to beat anyone in the top ten and Fiji are no 10 - have they ever played a test match at home.

things is this time last year it was all talk of RWC being the tournament to see who comes 5th at the rugby champs (aus/NZ/Arg/ZA the 1/2 finalists).

how quickly things can change!

15241813_10154170759482339_4937515224223

last week we lost to Italy..

this week Italy(with no Parisse) then lost to Tonga.

shouldn't actually be such a surprise if you look at the rankings

15192532_10154170764772339_7767575723562

if the Euro Rugby bosses let Georgia and Romania play in the 6 Nations then we might be in a lot of **** because they have a home grown rugby culture unlike the Japs and Italians who rely on expats to make their team competitive. same goes for Canada - the more exposure the better they will get. maybe that's why the 'old boys club' don't allow them more high level games

I see that one of the problems with SA's fall in world rankings is the risk of ending up in a "group of death" with two (?) of the world's better teams in the next RWC.   :eek:

I see that one of the problems with SA's fall in world rankings is the risk of ending up in a "group of death" with two (?) of the world's better teams in the next RWC.   :eek:

Good, an early exit is just what is needed to rattle the cages a bit more.

Motivation to not be ridiculed is a good thing.

Edited by Moridin