Rugby...

'Dale

They can't even fill up the stadiums for domestic games..you telling me they'll fill up a stadium when minir international teams play..no ways.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not get confused here..in 1995 it wasn't the Rugby that gave us hope it was Mandela who used the event to unite the country and gave us hope, we have a very very different set of people involved with politics atm..no major tournament is going to magically fix things.

The money wasted on a big event like this can and should be utilised better..we don't have money for this crap and the bribes that go with it.

That's like saying you can't afford to get a job.

Going to say it slowly this time.

RWC2023 would MAKE money for South Africa.

For who..who profits.. the guy that inflates his prices for the event..the products that will have an agreement with world rugby to sell their merchandise.. Will it really be profitable in the end after all the costs that will go into it... Where would any profits go..it sure won't go back into the community.

Lets not get confused here..in 1995 it wasn't the Rugby that gave us hope it was Mandela who used the event to unite the country and gave us hope, we have a very very different set of people involved with politics atm..no major tournament is going to magically fix things.

The money wasted on a big event like this can and should be utilised better..we don't have money for this crap and the bribes that go with it.

Very true this.

I course it would “make money”, How much and at what cost, are also important parts of that same equation.

Look, we didn’t get it. coulda woulda arguments is not going to change that. We didn’t get it because we are a corrupt violent 3rd world country. Fix that and maybe we will start being taken seriously by the rest of the world again.

That's where I'm a cynical old bastard... The growth in the rural areas of not achieved through some cheap ticket sales where they can barely afford a bag of maize meal (which went up in price Something like 35% recently).. Its achieved by providing facilities. If you take a drive from Richards bay to mkhuze... You not gonna see one rugby post along the way.. And this is where SARU have really failed and why they don't deserve it

Ja nee..you want to uplift a community..get those kids in rural areas a decent education ..get them fed at school so they at least have 1 decent meal a day..a free ticket to a event that they care little about will help them just as much a as a free bottle of water will at a political rally.

Ja nee..you want to uplift a community..get those kids in rural areas a decent education ..get them fed at school so they at least have 1 decent meal a day..a free ticket to a event that they care little about will help them just as much a as a free bottle of water will at a political rally.

Don't even get me started on the schools feeding scheme. Each scholar should be provided with a hot meal every day.. But that scheme is so corrupted it barely happens......But I digress...

Don't get me wrong...I would have loved SA to get the world cup.. And I do think it would have made some money. I just don't think it would have benefited development or general sentiment within south Africa. The average south African is not concerned about just getting through the day... And then the next day... And and

For who..who profits.. the guy that inflates his prices for the event..the products that will have an agreement with world rugby to sell their merchandise.. Will it really be profitable in the end after all the costs that will go into it... Where would any profits go..it sure won't go back into the community.

This ☝????

Is the real world ????

IMO overall it would have benefited SA to stage the RWC again

Spilt milk now

I guess we just have to make sure the bokke win it in France....

Let’s focus on getting that right, starting with a new and better coach.

Who is likely to replace AC is more of a worrying situation at the moment....

..............Who is likely to replace AC is more of a worrying situation at the moment....

Most likely will be one of the presidents relatives :ph34r:

Edited by DJR

Ouch!

I have been informed on many an occasion that I should not comment on rugby because I don't know my stuff, so don't feel sorry for Bob. ;)

A much better performance by the Boks last night. Massive games by Marx, Vermeulen and Kitshoff was also a handful when he came on. Venter and Pollard combined well and if Pollard had a better game as place kicker, the scoreline would have been a better indicator as to who was the better side on the night. The backs got more ball than all the games combined this season and they showed glimpses of what could be going forward. There is a long road ahead for the team, but gutsy performances like last night will definitely help get the fans to back their side again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pollard not even close to the same level he was 2 years ago. Coetzee not solid enough at the back, and our defense out wide still very suspect.

A very scrappy game with none of the 2 sides really feeling comfortable with the ball in hand.