All things Colnago

StevieL

Now, if only they would bring out an option for a horizontal top tube instead of the sloping tube!

In terms of aesthetics this is true. I have been riding my C40 for a few weeks now and although it is more comfortable than my EP and climbs equally well I find that the general handling and descending especially is better on my EP. Would be nice to hear everyones thought on those who own bikes with both traditional and sloping geometry. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the museum at the Colnago factory outside Milan is open to the public and how to arrange a visit? I may have a little time to kill there and I can find plenty of write-ups from cycling magazines about it but no contact detail or information about access.

I got some help dating my master from this lady below - I just imagine that she's a super hot Italian with a penchant for South African mamil's who have a Colnago or two - maybe she can give you the info 

Parolini Laura

e-mail: laura@colnago.com

Tel.:    +39 02 95308082

Fax:     +39 02 95067379

I got some help dating my master from this lady below - I just imagine that she's a super hot Italian with a penchant for South African mamil's who have a Colnago or two - maybe she can give you the info

Parolini Laura

e-mail: laura@colnago.com

Tel.: +39 02 95308082

Fax: +39 02 95067379

I could be mistaken, but isn’t she Ernesto’s granddaughter?

Parolini Laura

e-mail: laura@colnago.com

Tel.:    +39 02 95308082

Fax:     +39 02 95067379

Thanks Wayne, I'll contact her. I have to find something worthwhile to do when the "boss" goes shoe shopping.

In terms of aesthetics this is true. I have been riding my C40 for a few weeks now and although it is more comfortable than my EP and climbs equally well I find that the general handling and descending especially is better on my EP. Would be nice to hear everyones thought on those who own bikes with both traditional and sloping geometry.

Cippo my buddy I’ve now spent 5 days and 800km on the the C40 and as for handling I have always found the C40 loose compared to my C59. As for climbing she is as comfortable but doesn’t transfer power as well as the 59 but some how C40 is a more forgiving then the C59.

Love both to death

Cippo my buddy I’ve now spent 5 days and 800km on the the C40 and as for handling I have always found the C40 loose compared to my C59. As for climbing she is as comfortable but doesn’t transfer power as well as the 59 but some how C40 is a more forgiving then the C59.

Love both to death

The Colnago C40 build in its final (for now) form.

• Colnago C40 B Stay in AD14 colour scheme.
  • 10 speed Campagnolo Record.
  • Colnago carbon seatpost, Deda zero 100 stem and Zipp SLSS carbon bars.
  • Campagnolo Eurus G3 wheels with Record hubs and skewers.
  • Selle Italia SLR flow saddle and Look Keo Blade pedals with Elite carbon cages.

post-50555-0-08844300-1540123478_thumb.jpg

The Colnago C40 build in its final (for now) form.

• Colnago C40 B Stay in AD14 colour scheme.
  • 10 speed Campagnolo Record.
  • Colnago carbon seatpost, Deda zero 100 stem and Zipp SLSS carbon bars.
  • Campagnolo Eurus G3 wheels with Record hubs and skewers.
  • Selle Italia SLR flow saddle and Look Keo Blade pedals with Elite carbon cages.

Very nearly identical spec to mine. :thumbup: I compliment you one your excellent taste ;)

Hi Cippo and Alain, I've owned a M10 traditional geometry for a number of years and have just recently bought a c60 in a sloping geometry.

My experience was that the M10 was so much more racier. It picked up speed quickly and wanted you to go hard all the time, even on days when all you wanted to do was hang out with the back markers (which was often).

The c60 is all that you want from a bike. It makes memories, you don't forget the first time you decended on it and how secure she made you feel. You can ride her all day and still have the desire to take your time when cleaning her, looking forward to taking her out again the following day. Maybe we are talking about two differently design bikes for two different riders and has nothing to do with the geometry, but I can't see myself going back to a traditional frame. That being said, I don't see myself ever buying another bike and will happily leave this world having the c60 as the last bicycle I will ever own.

Sorry for being so sentimental but seeing as this is a colnago forum I'm sure the readers share my passion.

Hi Cippo and Alain, I've owned a M10 traditional geometry for a number of years and have just recently bought a c60 in a sloping geometry.

My experience was that the M10 was so much more racier. It picked up speed quickly and wanted you to go hard all the time, even on days when all you wanted to do was hang out with the back markers (which was often).

The c60 is all that you want from a bike. It makes memories, you don't forget the first time you decended on it and how secure she made you feel. You can ride her all day and still have the desire to take your time when cleaning her, looking forward to taking her out again the following day. Maybe we are talking about two differently design bikes for two different riders and has nothing to do with the geometry, but I can't see myself going back to a traditional frame. That being said, I don't see myself ever buying another bike and will happily leave this world having the c60 as the last bicycle I will ever own.

Sorry for being so sentimental but seeing as this is a colnago forum I'm sure the readers share my passion.

Show some pictures of both