Where do people just find such nice things.Looks like

My size that[emoji6][emoji3]

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Please can someone tell me more about this beauty I have just found

Colnago Bititan. From about 1992. Full titanium frame. The double downtube was an attempt to make it stiff without adding weight. It is not as stiff as later frames, but it has a reputation for being a very comfortable bike to ride over long distances. The geometry is pretty racy but not too extreme. They never made many of them and the unusual design will always make people do a double take and start conversations wherever you go. Yes, it is collectible and worth keeping and riding. 

With an Campy 8 speed C-Record groupset it is extremely desirable. With a Shimano groupset, ag ja no well.......you'll just have to find Campy for it!

The Art Decor paint scheme makes it even more desirable. That was the top level of paint artistry that Colnago put on their bikes. Each one is unique and was painted on, not done with stickers.

My one, to me at least, rides extremely well and feel like it is on rails, totally predictable but still lively. I have used mine for an Argus (just sommer) as well as for 3 Eroicas. Even with narrow 25 mm tyres, it handles the rough dirt roads as if it was made for it. With a pair of Shamal tubbies on, it suddenly becomes a tar race horse.

Fantastic find!

Post in The Retro Bike Thread also. Lots of knowledge hang out there. HeyYou also owns one and he'll probably be able to tell you more about the dating of the frame and the history than I can.

Edited by DJR

Where do people just find such nice things.Looks like

My size that[emoji6][emoji3]

Took a bike for a service and this was hanging on the wall. Ridiculous that it had not been sold. 

39083343_2234542553239738_91923708426531

That looks like a Mono Titanio like my one , not in the best colour ever but then there is no such thing as an Ugly Colnago.

Just saying  :whistling:

Took a bike for a service and this was hanging on the wall. Ridiculous that it had not been sold. 

What did they want for it ? 

When are you hoarders going to start sharing?

Who has the coolest collection? Andrew Wheeldan seems to have a nifty collection.

Colnago Master B-Stay.... Steel and Carbon

http://www.citybicyclelowell.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IMG_7853.jpg

Never knew of this till today. Thought it was only the Dream (alu/carbon) and CT1/2 (ti/carbon).

Never knew of this till today. Thought it was only the Dream (alu/carbon) and CT1/2 (ti/carbon).

Same here