All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking bike, what is that funny blue and white thing in the background

That is what we commonly call a piece of poo. Wayne loves it at least I got him to put campy on it , it was first dressed with Shimano double poo.

Great looking bike, what is that funny blue and white thing in the background

That blue and white thing is a machine and deserves it's spot next to its Italian friends - 1999 special edition completely clad in Campagnolo

It's taken a while but it is finally ready to ride as soon as I put some pedals on - without some help from other Nago pervs on this forum this could have been a lot more difficult - I know I haven't kept it period but this is how I want to ride it - weighs in at 8 kgs with pedals which is pretty slim for an old lady

Sorry Wayne, I've come into financial difficulty and I'll need to buy that groupset back. Please ship it back to JHB for me with the frame attached  :whistling: I'm happy to pay double the price.

It's taken a while but it is finally ready to ride as soon as I put some pedals on - without some help from other Nago pervs on this forum this could have been a lot more difficult - I know I haven't kept it period but this is how I want to ride it - weighs in at 8 kgs with pedals which is pretty slim for an old lady

Is that a Chev Kommando?

Is that a Chev Kommando?

Very observant of you - the Nago build obviously bored you a bit - My dad drove a olive green Constantia

Very observant of you - the Nago build obviously bored you a bit - My dad drove a olive green Constantia

Ja they all look the same to me....

Is that a Chev Kommando?[/quote

It's a 76 chev el camino

Almost the same front ends aren't they? I was more of a Ranchero fan myself. Sold mine about 4 years ago

Is that a Chev Kommando?[/quote

It's a 76 chev el camino

The bakkie that made the Porche guys weep ;)

Awesome build, congrats. What series brake calipers are those? Super Record 11spd or Record 10spd?

Awesome build, congrats. What series brake calipers are those? Super Record 11spd or Record 10spd?

Super Record 11, mixed set bought off Nakoota for a very fair price - now he wants them back with the frame attached - funny thing about this build, if I break it up like this; wheels, groupset, small bits like handlebars etc, then the centrepiece being the frame was the cheapest component - bit like the frame and canvas costing more than the Mona Lisa

Super Record 11, mixed set bought off Nakoota for a very fair price - now he wants them back with the frame attached - funny thing about this build, if I break it up like this; wheels, groupset, small bits like handlebars etc, then the centrepiece being the frame was the cheapest component - bit like the frame and canvas costing more than the Mona Lisa

I (usually) try to look at it like this: Frame, wheels, groupset, components - each to make up approximately 25 % of the total - that should give you a nicely balanced bike. But that's just me. If you have a wheel (or whatever) fetish, then spend more money there. :)

The crankset you have there is later version with red 11 decals. The groupset you have was limited to 2009-2011. Here is a period correct crankset for sale if it fancies you.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/322273-campagnolo-super-record-crank-set/