All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just used what was on my last build.The sram crank was BB30 so couldn’t be used but luckily had a dura ace crank around.

After having every group set on the market my favourite is still sram etap 11sp.

To me 12sp has been total waste of time and increased weight across the group sets.

campag just don’t make anything light at the moment.Sram 12sp has been a disaster from a unusable 10 cog to increase wattage needed for the smaller chainrings.Had di2 and loved it until something goes wrong and you need to plug into laptop etc.

Anyone else finding it interesting that people in the classifieds seem to think COVID-19 turned their Colnago's into gold?

Some of he asking prices are insane.

Value is in the eye of the beholder and I suppose its what a collector is prepared to spend to have a particular model in their collection. I have 5 in my collection and would rather keep them if i couldn't get more than 170K in total.

COLNAGO will soon launch the V3R TDF replica in Yellow and in white in limited numbers - Purists will sell a kidney to own one of those.

Its the same as the C40 in World Champion colors it would demand i far higher price than a normal C40 (Luckily I already have one waiting to get built)

Value is also changing every day.The top Spez costs more than a colnago nowadays but you will always have the sheep who will follow without knowing what else is out there.Spez has a shocking resale value while I have found resale on my colnago not too bad.

out of the probably over 100 bikes I’ve owned over the years only Colnago have I regretted selling so much that I bought the bike back after a few months,and believe me I’ve ridden everything.

Edited by stringbean

Value is also changing every day.The top Spez costs more than a colnago nowadays but you will always have the sheep who will follow without knowing what else is out there.Spez has a shocking resale value while I have found resale on my colnago not too bad.

out of the probably over 100 bikes I’ve owned over the years only Colnago have I regretted selling so much that I bought the bike back after a few months,and believe me I’ve ridden everything.

For me COLNAGO has heritage in virtually every single model - there is always a story / rider / race that is behind the design going back many years. Other brands build great bikes but no pedigree or heritage - I suppose the closest would be TREK with the LA era and Spez with the Epic.

I actually built a Spez Reubaux the other day, after i rode it i wanted to keep it - My COLNAGOS were not happy though !

The 116 V3Rs replicas are being meticulously built by our master artisans this week. These rare icons, celebrating this years Tour de France championship, are available around the world. Don’t miss a chance to own a piece of cycling history, fill out your contact info here:

History is bravely defended with courage.
La storia è orgogliosamente difesa con coraggio.

120886120_10159280929744131_405899783679