All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there gentlemen! i am on the hunt for a old school campagnolo record or chorus square taper BB for a 2002 colnago dream. what are the chance that any of you have one to help me make my Dream come true?

it is actually much too pretty to install where you can't see it on the bike. I've sent you a pm  :thumbup:

post-5932-0-18380900-1615978669_thumb.jpg

Next time you feel generous phone me

I honestly thought they were worth 2 grand and was helping someone build a bike - second set was given to a friend who has done a lot more than 6 grands worth of favours

So I'm busy with a C40 World Champion limited edition build - looking for recommendations on which Bottle cages to use and where can i get them

So I'm busy with a C40 World Champion limited edition build - looking for recommendations on which Bottle cages to use and where can i get them

On that frame I'd go for Elite Vico with gloss white detail. It is simple and elegant but would not detract attention from the frame. Not sure how best to obtain them in the Republic. Merlin, Chain Reaction, Wiggle and others will have them, if that is an option. They are a lot cheaper than the Colnago carbon ones, and I have heard people complain about the Colnago ones losing bottles easily.

thumbnail_image_0156150_Vico-carbon-glos

Edited by BigW

Here’s the Colnago cage on my C40 - I think it looks a bit modern

Nice build - 

That was my thought - these carbon cages are cool but may look a bit too modern on the C40 

On the other hand the gruppo I'm mounting is 11spd CHORUS Ultratorque with a set of older ZIPP 404 wheels.

I would prefer a more classical look, like the metal Elite cages, but:

-Aluminium cages on a carbon frame is a corrosion problem waiting to happen.

-The stainless steel cages I have tried were expensive, and they broke.

The solution would be titanium cages, but these are hard to find, which left me st a plastic cage that matched my frame colour

• 2 weeks later...