All things Colnago

StevieL

I have been able to allocate a bit of ZAR to finish a Colnago build (long overdue).

Frame is C50 in PRAL

I need help with finding the perfect parts, and thought to put it on here as well, in case somebody has a lead to a shop, website or spares for sale.

1. White stem, 130mm

White stems are hen's teeth it seems, and 130mm is a bit of a challenge to source too. Absolute 1st prize would be like the attached one, but no stock at the online shops.

2. White handlebar - not a fasionable colour atm.

3. Saddle - black with a bit of white highlights would be perfect. Ive been most happy on Selle Italia SLRs, have switched to riding the flow version at some point. I have a black and red as in the pic on my Eddy Merckx, cant find a white one online. Probably discontinued

I would have a custom stem.bar and seat post done.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DNBC5GLuJBg/U4M8xSWIG7I/AAAAAAAADTA/JNMYFEXtiqw/s1600/IMG_0166.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-21elLfVrprU/U4M9ShJtZeI/AAAAAAAADTY/YLnU80dv62g/s1600/IMG_0168.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K-tcTWitdhQ/U4M-P1ObC8I/AAAAAAAADUI/tTLw_CtNMWg/s1600/IMG_0175.JPG

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted this in Bloubergstrand a few days ago

She looked so special that I even asked the owner whether I could take a few pics

attachicon.gifIMG_2453.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2451.jpg

O WOW that is awesome. The angle of those saddles though........... A fresh set of wheels, a newer campy groupset and I would ride that more than my burley and cannondale combined.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi there gentlemen! i am on the hunt for a old school campagnolo record or chorus square taper BB for a 2002 colnago dream. what are the chance that any of you have one to help me make my Dream come true?

hi there gentlemen! i am on the hunt for a old school campagnolo record or chorus square taper BB for a 2002 colnago dream. what are the chance that any of you have one to help me make my Dream come true?

these are becoming so difficult to find - I know of a record gruppo that just went for double market value

The Different Bike Store 082 770 9091, near Goodwood, C.T., sells motorbikes and has 6 or 7 vintage steel bikes,ONE of which is a Track bike, with Campag parts, BB,etc,which MAY have what you are looking for; the whole bike, in need of resto,is R4k, just f.y.I.

Cheers

Chris

these are becoming so difficult to find - I know of a record gruppo that just went for double market value

So what should a used, (but mint  :oops:) full 10 speed record titanium gruppo (incl. BB and headset) be advertised for ?

And what should it be sold for ?

So what should a used, (but mint  :oops:) full 10 speed record titanium gruppo (incl. BB and headset) be advertised for ?

And what should it be sold for ?

Up to R10 000 if I'm selling and it is in really good shape. Up to R5000 if I'm buying and it is in really good shape. That's as honest as my Scottish genes allow me to be ;)

Up to R10 000 if I'm selling and it is in really good shape. Up to R5000 if I'm buying and it is in really good shape. That's as honest as my Scottish genes allow me to be ;)

This is amazingly accurate and I really wish I’d kept 2 I recently gave away

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol

Ja nee neh....

Ha ha,I know I know, I should add a special category for "when I buy from Morph"  :blush: