26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

Did my 20km morning trail this morning on my Giant trance & was a whole 4.5mins faster than with my ht Merida. Both 9spd & +- same weight. Guess this might just be because I do the downhill stuff faster?

Haven't taken a 29er on a decent track, so can't really comment...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please smack this dude...

doesnt he have anything better to do

My hair has started growing back since I been on a twentynaainer - gonna have a mullet soon :rolleyes:

Edited by BigBen

My hair has started growing back since I been on a twentynaainer - gonna have a mullet soon :rolleyes:

So. There is a benefit to batting for the other team after all.

soon to be on the inside of a chappies wrapper:

"did you know if you drop a 26" and a 29" at the same precise moment they will both hit the ground and smash into tiny little bits at the same time?"

Only if they are Carbone dude, and you drop them onto a bridge. :)

hmmm, was thinking about the scale ;)

So was the 29er a FS? and was the course varied between open roads and single track and other terrains?

That's what I thought :D

Dual suspension - open roads, both similar specs and weight!!!

Hendrik, just stick to the 26inches and when you feel like doing open roads get a road bike.

I won't swop my Scott Spark for anything

So the moral of the story is get a 29'er and:

- you have to pay a premium

- you may have to ride the trail again as you finished sooner than the amount of time you allocated to riding

- that awesome trail down the road that used to be challenging becomes easier (and less fun)

but you get to ride 2 minutes faster.

-----------------

but seriously i'd like a 29'er for races, but not for messing about on my local trail. If you take a Landcruiser to a playground it might be a bit boring - you rather take a fiat panda and even the pavement becomes a challenge. (the 29'er would be the landcruiser if anyone didn't catch the link in the analogy)

Well done, my mate gnarly also came out the closet recently.

Admitting that gnarly is a mate is like coming out of the closet all on its own.

If your other nut starts growing back, that'll be something!

Such a stupid and boring topic.

Without proper tests and proof comparisons like this are a waste, and yes, I am talking about labs, whitecoats, instruments, and loads of computers with loads of data..........

The whole 29 " / 26 " thing is becoming a nuisance.

Ride the bike you want, the one that appeals to you, the one you are most comfortable on, and for goodness sake, stop blaming the marketing guys.

Such a stupid and boring topic.

Without proper tests and proof comparisons like this are a waste, and yes, I am talking about labs, whitecoats, instruments, and loads of computers with loads of data..........

The whole 29 " / 26 " thing is becoming a nuisance.

Ride the bike you want, the one that appeals to you, the one you are most comfortable on, and for goodness sake, stop blaming the marketing guys.

:thumbup:

I rode my fixie off-road home from the pub the other night. Had a blast!