26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

Scott Spark is not an HT? :unsure:

hmmm, was thinking about the scale ;)

So was the 29er a FS? and was the course varied between open roads and single track and other terrains?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride a Scott Spark 26er and have my buddies Giant 29er on loan for two weeks to test on my usual routes and see if all the hype is true!!!First ride results from this morning - Did Same 36km route at same low intensity 119 bpm as with my 26er - Result was 2 minutes faster - or 2% improvement same route same effort!!!

just ride, whichever bicycle you want, greet roadies, don't litter and you'll actually enjoy the ride.

Ek't Dinsdag by CWC se track geval met my 29er.

And you didn't create threads here flaming CWC and the bike manufacturer? I'm shocked.

Edited by TNT1

And you didn't create threads here flaming CWC and the bike manufacturer? I'm shocked.

Ek moes eintlik, ek wag nou maar vir die 32er sodat ek orals af kan ry....

I ride a Scott Spark 26er and have my buddies Giant 29er on loan for two weeks to test on my usual routes and see if all the hype is true!!!First ride results from this morning - Did Same 36km route at same low intensity 119 bpm as with my 26er - Result was 2 minutes faster - or 2% improvement same route same effort!!!

Oh.

Well that settles it then. Dammit! Just when i started building up another 26er.

Although when I rode yesterday morning I was 2 minutes slower than Monday, on the same bike.

Now I am confused... :blink:

Ek't Dinsdag by CWC se track geval met my 29er.

Was it on that 'technical' rocky bump thing they put in to test 29er 'rolling resistance?

Shame. Sorry man.

Practice - Giba KZN is calling when you are down "by die see". :D

soon to be on the inside of a chappies wrapper:

"did you know if you drop a 26" and a 29" at the same precise moment they will both hit the ground and smash into tiny little bits at the same time?"

I went from a 26" dual susser to a hardtail 29er. All i can says is.. that whole

big wheels make for a softer ride theory......K@K, it stays a hardtail. It's also

not as "Wakker" on the twisty bits & you got further to fall when you moer off the thing.

What it has done though is moved me from the back bunch to the middle bunch & for that

reason, the dikwiel is not 2 bad.

It must be the cloud cover-or lack of!

I did the same thing recently. On the same route, with a north easterly wind blowing at exactly 13.78 knots, I covered the 34.74km loop cm for cm. Every root, bump and gully timed and ridden in the exact manner that I did the previous time.

I was defineatley 2 minutes and 38 seconds faster on the 140mm travel bike as opposed to the 120mm travel bike.

Longer travel bikes are faster boys, there's no denying it ..