Chris Willemse on imports

Chris Willemse

Yhey say there is no such thing as "Bad Advertising" and CWC seems to be getting the best form possible - word of mouth.

I do trust a public apology from Mr ELS and the Management of Pro-bike will appear here soon.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do trust a public apology from Mr ELS and the Management of Pro-bike will appear here soon.

widget, do you really think that it would happen?  In all honesty I don't.

Yhey say there is no such thing as "Bad Advertising" and CWC seems to be getting the best form possible - word of mouth.

Ja kom ons kyk of hulle enige rugraat hetWink

Kom ons kyk of Mr. Els nog gesig gaan wys op die Hub.

As die brief van Pro-Bike korrek is, dan het Mr. Els se aansien nogal vir 'n duik gegaan.

So, kom ons kyk en wag op Mr. Els se verduidelikking van waar sy en sy debiteur klerk se sommetjies verkeerd gegaan het.

Ek hou voet by stuk, iemand het met Mnr Els gepraat oor die post, en alle stoppe is uitgeruk om Chris in 'n swak lig te stel!

Ten minste is ons ook nie so stupid om te kan onderskei tussen 'n campy record groupset van R11k by Chris en R16K by ander.

Selfs my laaitie van 6 jaar weet watter prys die beste is.

sjoe - hierdie het oornag interesant te raak!!

CWC bly tops -maak nie saak wie of wat se of doen, hulle kan op my support staatmaak 

en vir mr Els, dit gaan glad nie 'n goeie jaar vir hom wees nie as hy dit so begin nie

I don't notice a date on what appears to be a fax. It may have been faxed weeks ago or it may have been faxed today and their may not have been an overdue account or an account may have been settle yesterday evening or this morning - you and I will never know and as pointed out is none of our business.

But I am sure Chris would like to keep this topic going as long as possible and post were dropping off and I am sure by creating as mentioned above a soap opera which may require pop corn new life has been created.

My post to date on this topic I feel have not been directed directly at Chris personally / business but rather on strategies, markets, economics and how this may effect the sport of cycling in SA if the number of cycle store outlet decline by what I feel may be as high as 75%.

Chris Jnr, when you threaten with legal action against wholesalers on a public forum make sure you are ready for history to be brought into the open. I am sure your dad is not going to like what will come out in that court!

You should now state which wholesalers and retailers will prepare them for the impending litigation from the competition commission and yourself or is this your opening marketing gambit for 2008. The wholesale trade is waiting for your answer please?

I am very happy for you to follow your business model, but please refrain from tainting the wholesale trade without facts. The reason Probike specs some of the 100 of 1000's of bikes we sell a year with Shimano is the back-up that Coolheat provides en masse. So follow yours and allow others to follow their's. It costs Coolheat a lot of money to train competent staff, attend seminars, keep spares, sponsor MTN, keep spares going back 5 years and that's why they are more expensive than you Chris Jnr. So when you make statements make them on the merits of your business model and not the demerits of someone else's business model.

As for your account payment history I am quite prepared to publish that here as well. And I am prepared to publish it for the past 5 years as well.

Your account with Probike is closed. Its not closed because you sold any of our products online because I have mentioned I personally support Chainreaction Cycles. Its closed because I can choose who I want to deal with.

Sjeez!  Not very nice.  Laat iemand (BE) op hul neus kyk en ta-da, jou rekening is toe.  Mnr. Els, jou besigheids model werk, en ek het jou nog altyd ondersteun, maar jou "attitude" STINK.  O ja, wat maak dit saak wat ek en 'n paar ander fietsryers dink, ons is f-all in jou "big picture".

ewep2008-01-03 05:01:33

I think Brandon was trying to RALEIGH support from all the wholesalers with his INTENSE and ELITEst attitude, in order to continue to try and make MAXXIS profits and get RITCHEY quick, quick!!

SERFAS to say this has backfired and I for one will give them a NORTHWAVE in future!!!!LOL

"As for your account payment history I am quite prepared to publish that here as well. And I am prepared to publish it for the past 5 years as well"

Mnr. Els... Ek is confuse...

Wat het hierdie te doen met jou eerste posting van 60 of 90dae om te betaal en toe wya hulle 'n brief dat hulle net 'n (1) Dec 2007 INVOICE HET WAT VOOR EINDE JAN 2008 betaal moet wees.

Die vraag is: Waar is jou somme en jou bebiteure klerk se somme verkeerd.

Dan wil ek ook graag weet dat toe hy betalings "probleme" die afgelope 5jaar (soos jy sinspeel)gehad het....hoekom het jy dit nie toe al met hom uitgesort?

Hoekom het jy dit nie toe uitsorteer, maar nou wil jy hier ou koeie uit die sloot haal?

Ek dink jou attitude is walglik en die manier van hoe jy hier jou besigheid verteenwoordig is 'n skande.

Die bottom line is Mr. Els, julle en sekere fiets winkels wil regeer omdat julle persoonlikke agendas het en met mekaar wil saamstaan om CWC te benadeel.

Kom ons kyk gou na hierdie:

Willie mag POLAR heartrate monitors verkoop, Die (gewese) Running winkel langs CWC het POLAR h/r monitors verkoop, Sportmans Warehouse verkoop POLAR H/R Monitors

Nou as jy 'n driehoek trek tussen die winkels sal jy agterkom dat CWC tussen hulle sit. maar POLAR wil nie he hy moet POLAR H/R Monitors verkoop. So, daar is nie 'n "km raduis" van Polar waar verspreiders alleen reg het om te versprei.

My vraag is: Watter winkel eienaar is kop in een mis met die verspreider wat CWC nie wil laat toelaat om POLAR te verkoop?

Nie polar nie... 'n Winkel !!! Dieselfde winkel wat die meeste kla en by jou staan teen CWC se On-line Pryse?

popeye2008-01-03 05:15:35

I think Brandon was trying to RALEIGH support from all the wholesalers with his INTENSE and ELITEst attitude' date=' in order to continue to try and make MAXXIS profits and get RITCHEY quick, quick!!

SERFAS to say this has backfired and I for one will give them a NORTHWAVE in future!!!!LOL
[/quote']

Well said... Thumbs%20Up LOL Thumbs%20Up

As a small bicycle shop owner, please allow me to comment.  On a 40% markup, one is lucky to clear around 8-10% after all overheads are paid.  On big ticket items such as bicycles, the recommended retail price gives us around a 35% markup.  When one takes into account giving customers discounts and paying 5% to the credit card machine, etc., your gross profit turns out to be between 20-25%, which dramatically reduces your return.  Unless you are a large super store selling a lot of volume, it is almost better to keep your money in the bank.  What you cannot put a value on, however, is the interaction with cyclists and being part of the sport - this is why most of us do what we do.

In principle, I have no problem in what CWC is doing, everyone should be free to buy where they wish.  If one actually looks at the CWC website, the range being imported is actually quite small in comparison to all of the lines that we and other dealers carry, so it seems a little unfair to say that CWC will be the death of the LBS.  There will always be a place for online shopping, but there is also a place for the LBS, who will give you direction and advice, fit that broken spoke 5 minutes before we close, battle with a distributor of a customer's warranty issue, pickup a bike or do a drop off outside of the shop's hours and a whole host of customer services that an online service cannot provide.  To some people paying a "markup" on product is worth it to have the added services - to some people it is not - and that is the same in almost every industry.

Believe me, I wish the cost of cycling would come down and make it more affordable for the public, as this the formula for increasing revenue for everyone! When wholesale prices go up, we also suffer through lack of sales.

As a small bicycle shop owner' date=' please allow me to comment.  On a 40% markup, one is lucky to clear around 8-10% after all overheads are paid.  On big ticket items such as bicycles, the recommended retail price gives us around a 35% markup.  When one takes into account giving customers discounts and paying 5% to the credit card machine, etc., your gross profit turns out to be between 20-25%, which dramatically reduces your return.  Unless you are a large super store selling a lot of volume, it is almost better to keep your money in the bank.  What you cannot put a value on, however, is the interaction with cyclists and being part of the sport - this is why most of us do what we do.

In principle, I have no problem in what CWC is doing, everyone should be free to buy where they wish.  If one actually looks at the CWC website, the range being imported is actually quite small in comparison to all of the lines that we and other dealers carry, so it seems a little unfair to say that CWC will be the death of the LBS.  There will always be a place for online shopping, but there is also a place for the LBS, who will give you direction and advice, fit that broken spoke 5 minutes before we close, battle with a distributor of a customer's warranty issue, pickup a bike or do a drop off outside of the shop's hours and a whole host of customer services that an online service cannot provide.  To some people paying a "markup" on product is worth it to have the added services - to some people it is not - and that is the same in almost every industry.

Believe me, I wish the cost of cycling would come down and make it more affordable for the public, as this the formula for increasing revenue for everyone! When wholesale prices go up, we also suffer through lack of sales.

[/quote']

Funny, I've heard this from other LBS owners as well.