Chris Willemse on imports

Chris Willemse

Hi Hubbers. 1st thank you all for your support during 2007 and may you all have a fantastic 2008.

The products that Chris jnr are bringing in is not B Grade stock. It is the orriganel product and it comes from the real agents in Europe and the EU.

That is why we give the same gaurantee as lined out by the manufactores. Who ever had a problem with stock that were bought from us got serviced immediatly or replaced with a new part.

The Cartell. Yes that has all been said to us by an wholesaler that a cartell of 36 dealers in the country is busy forcing the wholesalers not to supply us with any products . Lucky for us is that some of that dealers is buying stock from CW jnr and keep us informing what is happening.

2 dealers have already given us written confermation on certain meetings that took place between certain dealers and wholesalers.

2008 is going to be very intresting. I can assure my supporters that you will see a few wholesalers and dealers in court summond by the COMPETITION BOARD  and ourselves. 

Let 1 more wholesaler close our account due to the importing that CW jnr does and you will see even better prices coming your way and the compitition board will be making some good money.

Please dont be afraid to contact us with any  questions or information of products. We will source it for you and promise to bring it in at a very good price.

2008 is going to be the year for the cyclist. We are going to try to help you getting better equipment at much better prices that most of the dealers can offer you.

Once again thank you and remember the more you support us the more we can buy and the mre we coan give you all better prices.

Now let me finish and go back to Hermanus for another few days holiday. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Done CWC,

'n bietjie kompetisie het mos nog nooit seer gemaak nie. Ek sien julle beslis weer gereeld die jaar

Perhaps someone who represents J&J and other wholesalers could present their side of the story.

I for one would like to know why I can get stuff from CWC for the cost price that my LBS pays J&J.

This competition commission stuff is also very interesting. I would like to hear the dealers' response to CWC's allegation of collusion.

Anyone?

Also, if the importers really have been ripping us off all this time, which I have reason to believe they have, will the competition tribunal reimburse us cyclists when they extract a big fine? How about a set of carbon record cranks to every cyclist who's bought a campy groupset? :)

Thankx chris,atleast now i no their is someone looking after us cyclist and its time bike prices becomes more reasonable.

How about a set of carbon record cranks to every cyclist who's bought a campy groupset? :)

So you would settle for some more punishment and ridicule then a happy ending?  LOL

The things is what the bike shops/local agents don't realise is that if we don't buy from CWC we will be buying from online retailers who can supply quicker than they can service the components.  I even get my clusters online because they actually have the combinations I want in stock!

I am very ken to order some mtb wheels (XTR hubs, Mavic rims, DT Swiss spokes) from Chainreactioncycles who will build it and supply it to me at a fraction of the price of local wheels!  That way I can get anyone to fix it for me if it breaks and if the rims have warrany issues I just get new ones cause they are so darn cheap!  Part of my personal warrantee scheme...

However, if I can source it locally cheap from CWC, I might as well get it from them and get them to service it as well.  In the end any bike shop will service it because they charge you real money for it.  Don't feel scared/guilty, buy from CWC and online and bugger the rest!

Lets look at this rationally.

What CWC is doing is nothing new, its done all over the world.

In some European countries retailers get together and place direct bulk orders with manufacturers, they just cut out the distributor, they or the manufacturer still carries the warranty and the customer gets a cheaper product - who cares who imported it.! 

SA is a free market economy, which basically means anyone can buy anywhere and resell here.

Dont believe the c**p about "official" distributors etc, buy where you get the deal you want.

The days of distributors in small economies like SA is numbered, just look around you, most of the major retailers import product themselves without going through the appointed distributors, its not "grey" its a "parallell import" (there is a differance) its quite legal and probably exact in every way to the line the "official" importers are selling.

Anyway, as an example, are you going to pay 20 K for a plasma screen at an "official distributors shop" or 12k at say HI-FI Corporation for an exact parallell import??

Duuuuuuuh, lets think.!!!

Its the same with bicycles and parts.!!

Seems opinion is overwhelmingly in favour of the free market.

Our local wholesalers should have spent less effort fighting CWC and other online retailers and more effort in lowering their prices and providing better service to the LBS network, which is their lifeblood.

I'm no expert, but I disagree with the statement that the days of distributors are numbered. As long as you can provide a good service at a good price, you will be alright.

It's probably no coincidence that few people are trying to undercut Probike (Raleigh, Northwave, BBB) and Omnico (GT, Easton).

It's the importers of Campy (J&J) and Shimano (Coolheat) that are squealing.

Seems opinion is overwhelmingly in favour of the free market.

I'm no expert' date=' but I disagree with the statement that the days of distributors are numbered. As long as you can provide a good service at a good price, you will be alright.

[/quote']

...............I said "the days are numbered in a SMALL economy like SA" .

The distributors in small markets (cycles) in small economies (SA) need every sale to stay economically viable and in business.

Why do you think they are fighting this so vehemently?They are loosing a market share. Its simple.

If there are 2 or 3 parallell importers, plus on-line sales etc of any product all undercutting the distributor, he is only getting 1/3 or less of the market.

Which means he may not be able to stay in business.

Dont think they care about you and me and a non existant service ethic, they dont, .............its all about the bottom line and how much financially they stand to loose.