Prof Tim Noakes' U-turn on Carbohydrates

i think Nonky is just playing the man here, in which case, a separate thread is needed because this is muddying the water for everyone actually interested in LCHF eating regimes.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man will occasionally stumble across the truth. Usually he will pick himself up and continue on his way as if nothing had happened at all.

I think Churchill said that.

Hey nonk - here is the samj article for you to read. Makes interesting reading. If you'd like the scientific references, there are plenty at the end.

If nothing else, read the Discussion and Summary. You'll be in a much better place to frame your arguments.

if every one will just go and read the damn book they will see, it not HIGH fat like you eating stupid amounts. its a lot of veggies, medium protein and the fat that comes with it, be it from the proteien or what you used to prepare it.

actually its a lot like sunday lunch at your grans, without the rice and potatoes.

Stuff that, I like my stupid amounts of fat, butter, cream, olive oil, flax seed oil, coconut oil, and that's just for breakfast :drool: :blush:

For a skinny oke I had a healthy roll around the belly, which has disappeared since January, down from 82 to 75kg.

Eish. Tab. No sugar but soooooo much other shaite to compensate.

Yuck

Yeah, thought it would be a good antidote to the poisonous stale garage pie?

(PS, I don't eat or drink that crap...)

Yeah, thought it would be a good antidote to the poisonous stale garage pie?

(PS, I don't eat or drink that crap...)

Confession - On long rides I eat anything and everything

i think Nonky is just playing the man here, in which case, a separate thread is needed because this is muddying the water for everyone actually interested in LCHF eating regimes.

But those mentioned in bold have their own thread, don't they? It makes sense to discuss the merits of high this, and high that diets on a thread named after a somewhat famous flip-flopper on the carb issue, doesn't it?

Confession - On long rides I eat anything and everything

The arse out of a low flying duck?

But those mentioned in bold have their own thread, don't they? It makes sense to discuss the merits of high this, and high that diets on a thread named after a somewhat famous flip-flopper on the carb issue, doesn't it?

i totally agree with you, but you are not following what i was suggesting: Nonky is NOT discussing the merits of the eating regime, but rather hell bent on discrediting Noakes. that's a totally different subject.

i totally agree with you, but you are not following what i was suggesting: Nonky is NOT discussing the merits of the eating regime, but rather hell bent on discrediting Noakes. that's a totally different subject.

Ah, yes, in that case, i agree with you.

Flip-flopper?

I takes balls to stand up and say you were wrong - irrespective if you are right. Very few people can admit to that.

This new no carb lifestyle works for me. Never felt better. I have lost 9 kgs in 2 months and have loads more energy. Much more endurance stamina on the bike as well.

Haven't had refined carbs in 2 months.

Give it a try

I have been on it for about three weeks.

I haven't lost anything - in fact I might have put on a kilo - but I do feel great.

I want to stick it out until 12 weeks and see where I am.

Hopefully all the bad eating habits (sweets, breads, junkfood) will be gone.

stick to it... just because the scale stays the same doesn't mean you are not losing...

Take measurement and also get you body fat checked, that is where you will be losing....

Been on it for 2.5 weeks and after 2 weeks checked, down 3% body fat from when I started....

If you want to burn more fat add in at least 3 to 4 sessions of HIIT training as well first thing in the morning before you eat, I prefer the Tabata style training...