Argus Parking - Parked in!!!!

Tiny K

So, did anyone else get parked in yesterday?

I had gotten early to the parking across from the stadium, parked nicely and went to the start line.

Finished, chatted, and then went to where I parked, only to find that I had a row of cars parked ON the pavement in front of me and two rows of cars behind me.

After a long wait, a guy who had parked on the pavement, a few cars down, pulled out, and I had just enough space to drive between two trees and get out.

I was really MIFFED at the lack of thought these driver had when they parked their vehicles. :cursing:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, did anyone else get parked in yesterday?

I had gotten early to the parking across from the stadium, parked nicely and went to the start line.

Finished, chatted, and then went to where I parked, only to find that I had a row of cars parked ON the pavement in front of me and two rows of cars behind me.

After a long wait, a guy who had parked on the pavement, a few cars down, pulled out, and I had just enough space to drive between two trees and get out.

I was really MIFFED at the lack of thought these driver had when they parked their vehicles. :cursing:

2 years ago somebody decided to scratch the rear bumber of my then brand new Fortuner without leaving a sorry note or anything like that

Happened to me a few years back too. I left a note in the SUV's window for the guy to please phone me when he was done, as I am parked in. I was having coffee at the V & A when my phone rang. The dude was very apologetic and even came to fetch me at San Marco, paid for my coffee and salad and drove me back to my car.

Next year I would like to see better promotion of public transport services on the day. Perhaps even get it on the Cycle Tour website (time tables etc). to help reduce the congestion. I would gladly park my car at Bayside and take a bus, provided that the bus would be able to drop me off near the start and if I can take the bus afterwards from the stadium.

Happened to me a few years back too. I left a note in the SUV's window for the guy to please phone me when he was done, as I am parked in. I was having coffee at the V & A when my phone rang. The dude was very apologetic and even came to fetch me at San Marco, paid for my coffee and salad and drove me back to my car.

Next year I would like to see better promotion of public transport services on the day. Perhaps even get it on the Cycle Tour website (time tables etc). to help reduce the congestion. I would gladly park my car at Bayside and take a bus, provided that the bus would be able to drop me off near the start and if I can take the bus afterwards from the stadium.

I know of two riders who used the MyCiti bus from TV to CT and back again ... they only had good things to say RE the service and trip.

I know of two riders who used the MyCiti bus from TV to CT and back again ... they only had good things to say RE the service and trip.

Do they load the bikes as well then?

I've had my bike on the bus before, but my concern was that they would not have been able to drop us off near the start. Could not find communication on cycle Tour or MCB website on this.

Car Guards , they are ones who wave okes into illegal spaces and then expect cash. Cars were parked under the traffic circle at the stadium, since when are those legal parking spots? If your spot was legal, I sympathise. If not, what can I say.

it was a very legal spot - and the car guard claimed that the people parked there by force...... yea right!

Perhaps MyCiti should have been better advertised and explained for the out-of-towners not familar with it. I for one just had to cycle two km's to the start although the cycle back up kloof nek was not fun.

You rolled your bike onto the bus and they dropped you off at the Civic center. Then there was also the shuttle that would take bike and rider to the stadium.

I cycled from my flat in Big Bay to the Tableview station (4-5km), the bus arrived 05:20 as per the timetable, and I arrived at the start just after 06:00 (the bus driver got lost due to the fact that the normal route wasn't being used).

I found it very relaxing and efficient. There was more than enough space for our bikes, and I got to chat to some out-of-towners and foreigners. Will definitely do it again next year.

What had caused big parking mayhem was due to the fact that the field/park across the road from the stadium (on Town side) was no longer available for parking as per previous years - it looks like a construction site now :mellow: and there was communication about this before race day :thumbdown:

I would rather attribute this to 'panic parking' as a persons start time approaches and no parking found, but still no excuse if you can see that you are parking someone in!

Parked in the CTICC, R30 for the day, went to the beautiful toilet in the 5***** Westin Hotel, rolled to the start, finished race, and used the N1 exit straight out of the parking onto my way home. Was brilliant!

Edited by ibruegge