Moderation and a re-look at our Community Guidelines

Matt

+1 GOG.

Have never had a problem with the Mods before and think that Admin is taking is a positive step.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy sheeples - is this an ANCYL meeting?

My feeling is this - is you're the one feeling persecuted then you are probably the sand in the grease of thehub wheels.

Dangle - yup I know him and call him friend but towards the end his hub persona became unpleasant. Personally I would welcome Dangle back - that Hairysack character was nothing more than a trouble maker. Ironically I think he was mirroring some other unsavouryness that was going on here.

Sadly I think the muppits that were making this place unpleasant will never know they are the cause - that is they way of the muppit. An ironic truth.

As in jumping red lights, driving like a jerk and generally being someone that other people don't like - ask yourself the question - am I being a cock? If the answer is vaguely "yes" then a post edit or deletion is in order. Simple really.

Hey - it turns out I'm the speaker for the ANCYL....

OK...let's just add two more threads to this forum...one called "Bunfight" and peeps will have to subscribe to it (so our young impressionalble youth can stay out of it!!) ...like a virtual boxing ring.... where Hubbers can have a go at it...almost like a Roast session - Charlie Sheen's roast session on Channel 122 comes to mind :eek:

The other can be "Undesirable" fred where all the ttattoos can be displayed...again with a serious security ringe around it ...

I'd personally would like to sit on the side lines and watch some Hubbers self destruct....as long as it is in cyberspace....seems people like to assume alter ego's on the web...

So how about it...anyone for a bunfight??? go challenge in the "bunfight" section....

My feeling is this - is you're the one feeling persecuted then you are probably the sand in the grease of thehub wheels.

Dangle - yup I know him and call him friend but towards the end his hub persona became unpleasant. Personally I would welcome Dangle back - that Hairysack character was nothing more than a trouble maker. Ironically I think he was mirroring some other unsavouryness that was going on here.

Sadly I think the muppits that were making this place unpleasant will never know they are the cause - that is they way of the muppit. An ironic truth.

As in jumping red lights, driving like a jerk and generally being someone that other people don't like - ask yourself the question - am I being a cock? If the answer is vaguely "yes" then a post edit or deletion is in order. Simple really.

100% Eldron

Juju's white boy?? Bloody agent. But on a serious note, your comment again prompts the question in my mind whether changing of usernames should be allowed? Your username sets your online persona in my opinion. Why would one want to change that, and should it be allowed?

Bring back the Dangle

An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. The term was coined in the early nineteenth century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.[1] A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

A distinct meaning for alter ego can be found in literary analysis, wherein it describes characters in different works who are psychologically similar, or a fictional character whose behavior, speech or thoughts intentionally represent those of the author. Similarly, alter ego can be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor[2] or by other types of performers.

Alter ego is also used to refer to the different behaviors any person may display in certain situations. Related concepts include avatar, doppelgänger,impersonator, and split personality.

An alter ego (Latin, "the other I") is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. The term was coined in the early nineteenth century when dissociative identity disorder was first described by psychologists.[1] A person with an alter ego is said to lead a double life.

A distinct meaning for alter ego can be found in literary analysis, wherein it describes characters in different works who are psychologically similar, or a fictional character whose behavior, speech or thoughts intentionally represent those of the author. Similarly, alter ego can be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor[2] or by other types of performers.

Alter ego is also used to refer to the different behaviors any person may display in certain situations. Related concepts include avatar, doppelgänger,impersonator, and split personality.

Sometimes I do feel like Odie......

Sometimes I do feel like Odie......

Do not fear. That would be this:

A sidekick is a close companion who is generally regarded as subordinate to the one he accompanies.

The origin of the term comes from pickpocket slang of the late 19th and early 20th century. The "kick" is the front side pocket of a pair of trousers, and was found to be the pocket safest from theft. Thus the pickpocket's "side-kick" became an inseparable companion.[1][2][edit]Origins

A humorous folk origin for the term refers to the sidekick's accomplishments being "kicked to the side" or otherwise ignored in favor of the more charismatic lead hero.[citation needed]

One of the earliest recorded sidekicks may be Enkidu, who adopted a sidekick role to Gilgamesh after they became allies in the Epic of Gilgamesh. Other early examples include Achilles andPatroclus from the Iliad, and Moses and Aaron from the Bible.[3]

[edit]Function of the sidekick

Sidekicks can provide one or multiple functions, such as a counterpoint to the hero,[4] an alternate point of view, or knowledge, skills, or anything else the hero does not have. They often function as comic relief,[4] and/or the straight man to the hero's comedic actions. A sidekick can also act as someone more relatable to the audience than the hero, or whom the audience can imagine themselves as being (such as teen sidekicks).[3] And by asking questions of the hero, or giving the hero someone to talk to, the sidekick provides an opportunity for the author to provide exposition, thereby filling the same role as a Greek chorus.

Edited by The Drongo

eggzaggetry!!

Let's be honest, most of the peeps here are no where near who they are in real life (or vice versa which ever the case may be).

Let's be honest, most of the peeps here are no where near who they are in real life

Except me. I'm an irritating little prick in real life too...

Let's be honest, most of the peeps here are no where near who they are in real life (or vice versa which ever the case may be).

So why pretend to be someone you are not

Except me. I'm an irritating little prick in real life too...

There is still hope for you as you are still on the little stage :whistling: