[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the Jäger, had to walk k's 9-12 due to congestion and spent 20 minutes waiting at the broken bridge...not a happy puppy.

And to rider 54845, that flat tyre you had is karma for skipping the queue, you're a right toss.

Thank the lord for those 2 rocky descents, which were AWESOME!

I retract my last comment!

Its a pity I missed meeting some awesome hubbers!! ;)

Ja its always cool meeting new hubbers. Next time dude.

jeez guys every year the same bitchin about this event - its just a big speel for the cameras and the sponsors. Route across the scorched earth, barren Mealie Fields via the plotte strewn with wattle can hardly be called MTB.

Now Van Gaalens a few k's to the west is a totally different story. .

It is in central gauteng.took me 10 min from my home .i expected more broken glass and dump site debri ext.on the route .I was not expecting paradise so I had a good race .I think they did well with the route except for the blue perished brige .Van Gaalens can also have bottlenecks.It is part of the sport .Go and ride the same route alone and take your chances!

Luckily only a few of us were inconvenienced by the small mishap at the bridge. Like any other organisation the race organisers were in complete control of the race and they recorded the race numbers of the riders that went around the blockage.. I would guess calculations are currently underway compensating the effected riders. I am sure they will also take the hick up at the finish into account. This would also explain why the race results are a few minutes late.. http://yfrog.com/5ojogyosneeetvzjmezrqjqlz

Edited by meerkat

jeez guys every year the same bitchin about this event - its just a big speel for the cameras and the sponsors. Route across the scorched earth, barren Mealie Fields via the plotte strewn with wattle can hardly be called MTB.

Now Van Gaalens a few k's to the west is a totally different story. .

I heard VG has terrible bottlenecks? I am doing it anyways regardless :)

Were do we get results?

Good seeing you dude - I dont think results will come out till tomorrow... I could be wrong

Good seeing you dude - I dont think results will come out till tomorrow... I could be wrong

It was! How you feeling today? Are you up for a 70 next time?

It was! How you feeling today? Are you up for a 70 next time?

Stiff!

Yourself?

Haha - It was my first 40km... so a few more of those and then I'll have a crack at the 70km :)

I heard VG has terrible bottlenecks? I am doing it anyways regardless :)

Not on the marathon, which has also been very challenging route to date.

Besides for the all the dust it wasn't too bad. Started in B batch on the 70km and was at least able to ride that last bridge before it broke (that being said, it was already on its last legs.) I just can't understand how I landed up overtaking at least 5 guys twice, frustrated the hell out of me considering how far back I had originally passed them. Oh well, still managed about 2h35.

It seems quite a few of us missed the split at the approx, 49km mark where the 70km turned right away from the road running downhill along the R21. I was unashamedly sucking the wheel of a tall strong guy on a Tallboy and we also hooked up with some youngsters riding the 40km route and put our heads down on that downhill. There was certainly no marshall calling the split which is poor. Looking on Strava it seems that we did about 3km less than those who did the full route. Apologies for those that had to pass me again. I should probably add about 5-10 mins to my time for that shortcut.

My race sucked. Good start en then the punctures started.

4 in total.

Schwalbe tyres are the £>#}^iest tyres out on the market.

Lots of congestion with the short route joining.

Walking home having used up all the bombs only to find out there was NO entertainment for the kids.....nudda.

Mom, madampie and pappa not happy with today.

Wish I had given you my brand new Giant tube with slime instead of the guy that did not even say thanks when he was stranded at the bottom at the second rocky downhill, about three km's from the end! Not looking for any recognition, but a simple thanks would have been nice - I think?

My first 40 after always doing the 20km fun rides, and enjoyed it, except for cramping from the 30km mark :)

Otherwise the route were fun, and the bottlenecks did take some timeon the official time, but then again it is expected on such big number races. So reckon from now on it will be the 40's for me. Entered the 55km for 94.7 but worried that I might be aiming too high !!!