[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

An organiser who promises route change to avoid the bad bottlenecks, only not to deliver, poor form.

Stood 20 min in queue to ride the single track at the river. And a poorly constructed bridge that disintegrated after the first 200 riders went accross. Not wasting my bucks on this event next year.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done any of the race this year.  Got I free entry and was bored so I did the race.  Stood for 20min on the last single track.  Got the reminder way I don't do these races anymore 

I haven't done any of the race this year. Got I free entry and was bored so I did the race. Stood for 20min on the last single track. Got the reminder way I don't do these races anymore

I spent a total of over 30min in bottlenecks waiting to go. But I enjoyed the race.

Was a fun ride for me, my time is horrible though, seeing as I wasn't seeded and spent half the race in traffic, but I'll be back,

Seeding did not work for me. Started in E, and finished in a 2:56. LOTS of bottlenecks in the beginning and the end. What can one say about the route? The Springs race of last week compared well. A good training race for the CPT.

After all the hype I ended up missing the race. Looooong story!

dammit and there i was standing around like an idiot waiting for you................

dammit and there i was standing around like an idiot waiting for you................

Sorry Mike! Long story! Will fill you in!

Everything else was well organised but the bottleneck at the beginning and the end could have been avoided ..............added 15 min at least to my time The thing is they could haev easily pciked another route with no bottleneck

the last river crossing was way bad...was carrying my bike across it and it collapsed under me..least i didnt wait for half an hour like others..

Just as last year, loved the event.

Great venue, plenty safe, clean parking, clean toilets etc.. (what's important to me)

Great route, SS'ed it this year... just that last bottleneck was annoying :thumbdown: because of that photo op wooden ramp and broken bridge, but poo happens.. annoyance was short lived :thumbup: ... LOVED those rocky descents!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

NOW .... for the BEST of the series to come!!!! Van Gaalen!!!! :clap:

NOW .... for the BEST of the series to come!!!! Van Gaalen!!!! :clap:

I dont know about that hey, If your not in A or B batch and if there are as many people as there were today, congestion could be a total nightmare

I must say I was not impressed with today's event, the first bottle necks I can understand were sort of unaviodable, but that last one along the single track with the ramp and broken bridge could so easily have been avoided had the organizers kept us on the main road rather.

lastly to the guys jumping the ques, I didnt see one of you on the podium at the end, so wait in the que like the rest of us next time, you inconsiderate A holes.

Ok rant over.

one good thing I guess is that the sport is growing looking at today's numbers, so the nissan series definitely has its place I guess.

Based on the sounds of things starting in A bunch certainly had its advantages.today. Apart from the bottle neck at the timing mats at the start and the resultant crashes (including Cherise Stander Taylor!) my ride was bottleneck free and the bridges were all still in one piece. Sorry to hear the race wasn't great for some. I must say though that it was a big improvement on last years route. Hopefully the organisers keep learning and the route keeps evolving.