lego

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone go to the Brickfare in Irene this weekend? Was a bit disappointing. Fewer exhibitors and more people in the parking lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I started this thread in 2012 as I bought some lego for my son. He was 3 years old at the time.

Wednesday he turns 7. I cannot believe how the time has flown.

For his birthday I bought him the largest single lego project he has ever attempted.

It took him 9 hours with no involvement from me. I am quite proud.

I have never seen my severely ADHD son concentrate on ANYTHING for more than two hours.

post-18409-14791049011446.jpg8876ef56aeb6d3c9f66c970092960db5.jpg0296322d423ff2fcff15da08ca1419b6.jpgpost-18409-14791049544812.jpgpost-18409-14791049660917.jpgd3e709698b40c5957688b042c26348ed.jpgpost-18409-14791049948125.jpg

Wow Thats a pretty big set!

1,156 pieces

Although he does have a few "mystery" pieces left over.

I might have to "kraggle" the set to protect it from his friends.

They give extra's mostly small bits.

I find the new instructions much more comprehensive than the old stuff, its easy to skip a block on older instructions. New stuff gives a list and clear indications of where to add. 

Kraggle is forbidden!!!!!! 

How will he add stuff from other sets? or create a new sene by mixing sets?

Its a toy designed to be rebuilt!

Also if you kraggle it there is no opportunity to step on lego in middle of night

Hello Hubbers!

In case you missed it, South Africa now has its own Lego recognised LUG (Lego User Group). LUGs create opportunities for AFOLs (Adult Fans of Lego) to get together and nerd out.

zaLUG is based in Gauteng, but anyone can become a member. Check them out at http://www.zalug.co.za/

In association with zaLUG, I am working on establishing CapeLUG for all the Western Cape AFOLs.

If you are in the Western Cape and would be interesting in joining or helping with the establishment of CapeLUG, please get in touch with me via private message. CapeLUG is still in the planning phases but the idea is to have regular get-togethers to exhibit models, have fun, talk about LEGO, and swap or sell models.

Hello Hubbers!

In case you missed it, South Africa now has its own Lego recognised LUG (Lego User Group). LUGs create opportunities for AFOLs (Adult Fans of Lego) to get together and nerd out.

zaLUG is based in Gauteng, but anyone can become a member. Check them out at http://www.zalug.co.za/

In association with zaLUG, I am working on establishing CapeLUG for all the Western Cape AFOLs.

If you are in the Western Cape and would be interesting in joining or helping with the establishment of CapeLUG, please get in touch with me via private message. CapeLUG is still in the planning phases but the idea is to have regular get-togethers to exhibit models, have fun, talk about LEGO, and swap or sell models.

I went to their Brickfair at the end of October!

Wayne, Lego is amazing for concentration. It can keep me distracted for hours! 

• 2 weeks later...

Mucho chuffed to find this set. Lilliputs weren't into the whole Black Friday hoorah, so no discount. Oh, well, just cool to finally have it. The White House and Lincoln Memorial - which I haven't seen on the shelves around here - are in stock, but not on my radar. 

post-1604-0-89345400-1480079375_thumb.jpg

I am looking for some retired sets. If anyone sees the Seattle Space Needle or Farnsworth House, snap them up...pretty please?