Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

If we are having a good old moan,... what about the tjops who fix their bikes on the trail without bothering to move off the track? These are the dumbasses of the highest order...

Or the dumbasses that just stop on a trail to chat or to wait for another member of their group, move aside you muppets.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately starting off by calling your thread “Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!” you have already screwed yourself, not many people are going to have much sympathy with your “cause” after reading why you say that.

Would you (did you) express the same feelings out aloud at the very people who caused your frustration?

I’m sure quite a few people who enter mtb races have been in similar situations at some time, its usually a good thing to remember just before you open your mouth that you should treat people the same way that you would like them to treat you….

+1 It's a bit like me moaning about all these "dumbass drivers" on the N1 blocking the road every morning, while I am standing still in that same traffic jam.

Slick, can I come for lessons ? ;)

Only if you stop squealling like a little girl when approaching a 5 foot drop. :w00t:

My 10 year old son did the 10km USN ride this weekend and I decided to ride it with him just to give him tips on what gears to use, what line to take etc... and I must admit, its pretty insane at the back of the field, I saw some scary **** on Saturday.

I get what the OP is getting at I just think his choice of words werent the finest :)

The problem with beginners (in any sport) is that they dont know that they're doing wrong to start with, they're taking the event as serious as anyone else they just dont have the know how and experience so are oblivious to the fact that they're doing something wrong and potentially affecting someone else's race, there is however something called common sense and I kinda also get irritated when people don't use.

You are just happy because someone is slagging MTB'ers for a change :devil:

Couldn't care less. I really just want to know if you must only shout Trek when passing an obnoxious twat, or will any bike brand do?

My 10 year old son did the 10km USN ride this weekend and I decided to ride it with him just to give him tips on what gears to use, what line to take etc... and I must admit, its pretty insane at the back of the field, I saw some scary **** on Saturday.

I get what the OP is getting at I just think his choice of words werent the finest :)

The problem with beginners (in any sport) is that they dont know that they're doing wrong to start with, they're taking the event as serious as anyone else they just dont have the know how and experience so are oblivious to the fact that they're doing something wrong and potentially affecting someone else's race, there is however something called common sense and I kinda also get irritated when people don't use.

I dont, if i do events like the Argus MTB, burger MTB etc that are insanely huge with odd seeding systems you KNOW, you will be stuck in traffic, people will fall in front of you on flat dirt roads etc. Thats part of the game. However for the most part, Seeding sorts out the more advanced from the less advanced peeps, and if you dont want to be held up and your stuck in a poor seeding group. you have the option of going balls to the wall and dropping the group on the first major climbs, and that without fail gets you ahead of the "learner" group.

If you are not fit and strong enough to be in the head of the group or improve your seeding then you need to take these things as part of racing, If the OP was in the A group, where they would have hounded him shouting for track becuase his "technical capability" is not that of the Pro's he would be bitching about, Damn rude MTB'ers. And complaining that the A group told him to @$#@ off out of the way.

If congestion is going to be an issue in your life you have a couple of options.

1. Get fit enough and race enough to get a decent seeding with people of your own caliber.

2. Only go to lesser populated long races as the field spreads out quickly.

3. Stop racing if 1 and 2 doesnt work for you.

Couldn't care less. I really just want to know if you must only shout Trek when passing an obnoxious twat, or will any bike brand do?

Because she was speaking afrikaans all I could think was "Pull? WTF must I pull?"

I also noted a few MTB'ers at the Fine Breede MTB that got upset for crap...This 1 guy fell off his bike when the rider in front of him got stuck in sand and fell...He then says "Hoe the F&%^ kan die ou sommer net wil stop?"...I mean the guy infront of him stopped because he fell of his bike, now you curse him...?

He didn't stop, he fell from his bike...

Edited by Hearts*

I also noted a few MTB'ers at the Fine Breede MTB that got upset for crap...This 1 guy fell off his bike when the rider in front of him got stuck in sand and fell...He then says "Hoe the F&%^ kan die ou sommer net wil stop?"...I mean the guy infront of him stopped because he fell of his bike, now you curse him...?

He didn't stop, he fell from his bike...

My opinion if you get upset at someone doing something silly in your not in the top 10 of the 2500 "racers" you are a moron and should be removed from the genepool.

My opinion if you get upset at someone doing something silly in your not in the top 10 of the 2500 "racers" you are a moron and should be removed from the genepool.

i always thought doing "silly" things was what made mountain biking fun...

A great MTB race is one where the first km or 2 is a full width road so race snakes can get ahead, serious amateurs can be serious and us social cyclists can get social immaterial of where our arrival time and adrenalin placed us.

A good MTB race is one with a sandy patch 500 metres from the start so that the snakes can sail, serious amateurs can ride around us and we can fall over our social cyclist friends already filling the sandpit.

A horrible MTB race is one where the first km introduces single track, walkie talkie stretches, mud and or water and happens to be attended by SA champ type cyclists and their snakey following. When us social cyclists fall, we break stuff...not bike stuff like you...bones and stuff!!

So as a social cyclist I had a terrible USN race on Saturday.....when I have to wait a race is really slow.

That is why we always attend the BABBAS LODGE and VORI-BERG races. They start with 3+km of road like surface

That is why we always attend the BABBAS LODGE and VORI-BERG races. They start with 3+km of road like surface

not neccessarily. you might get some roadies who have never ridden technical in their life before giving it horns for the first 3km and then walking when they get to the dirt, and blocking everyone

not neccessarily. you might get some roadies who have never ridden technical in their life before giving it horns for the first 3km and then walking when they get to the dirt, and blocking everyone

True! Had one in front of me on Saturday..then behind me...then in front of me..then behind me..until he fell off in the mealie-land. I do not mind them, they give way and understand the "rules of the road"...and look cute with their shaven legs and clean kit.

TREK works best, but PYGA or P£$S also does the trick.

I rode the USN race this weekend. Understand the frustration. I feel that the event was oversubscribed ito line entries. At the first singletrack the queues reminded me of being back in basic training in the army.on the one hand it is great to see the growth in the sport but then again congestion causes frustration. I think this is going to become more of a problem over time. Maybe the answer lies in seeded batches but I dont know what would be involved to set up the logistics.

Reality is that congestion is compounded on races with a lot of singletrack. Maybe you need to get to the front Mr Crackberry as you will not have those problems amongst the elite athletes. . . .otherwise you will just have to suck it up and ride with us plebs who are on our bikes for the fun.

:)