Road rage death in Alrode?

Tumbleweed

A cyclist killed when he was struck by a light motor vehicle on the Old Vereeniging Road in Alrode, Alberton this morning. The incident is purported to be linked to road rage.

The cause of the incident and the series of events preceding it remain uncertain and will form the subject of a South African Police Force investigation.

Common cause information suggests that a minibus taxi force a vehicle from the roadway following an altercation in traffic. The car then struck the cyclist who was flung from his bicycle.

Netcare911 Paramedics arrived at the scene to find the cyclist in a critical condition. Despite their best efforts to stabilise the man, he succumbed to multiple injuries he’d sustained. No one else was injured in the incident.

From Netcare911

Just heard on the news that this happened in Alberton. Anybody else know something. Sad. RIP to the cyclist.

Just heard on the news that this happened in Alberton. Anybody else know something. Sad. RIP to the cyclist.

Merged with an earlier thread. Seems the cyclist was "collateral damage".

That would be our normal morning training route. Must have happened after our group has pased throu there.

So sad.

It is getting too dangerous on the roads in Gauteng. I only do cycling in VERY quiet back roads or dedicated cycling venues like Groenkloof, Van Gaalens, MTN Bike park etc.

I hate the city....

did not get any notification that it was merged or deleted,

Sorry, my bad. Merged with all the earlier threads.

np problem,

just did not see any response and when I came looking for posting it was missing.

RIP.

G

Sorry, my bad. Merged with all the earlier threads.