Coffee machine

That junior is king.. He has had it for years. He got the Saeco from someone a while back but just doesnt use it as much. So yeah i will snap it up!!

There was a Junior for sale on gumtree a while back 8500... if memory serves it included a grinder....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good places in Cape Town to do proper barista training? What is the ballpark figure in terms of cost?

Any good places in Cape Town to do proper barista training? What is the ballpark figure in terms of cost?

Ping SCC101 - maybe he knows.... :) and he is CT based... 50c says he has a trainer handy...

Enjoy, will be waiting to hear your feedback.... :thumbup:

Its nice, very strong but not bitter which I usually associate with really intense coffee, I think it will make a great morning Espresso, so I bought a few tubes, I personally cant tell much difference between the two, so I didn't bother with the Dharkan - and Yup, I tried both, had a real coffee high going there for a while :blink: .

Its nice, very strong but not bitter which I usually associate with really intense coffee, I think it will make a great morning Espresso, so I bought a few tubes, I personally cant tell much difference between the two, so I didn't bother with the Dharkan - and Yup, I tried both, had a real coffee high going there for a while :blink: .

I'll be sure to try it out next time i visit the store... Thanx for the feedback...

Ping SCC101 - maybe he knows.... :) and he is CT based... 50c says he has a trainer handy...

Try Origin. They have a home barista course for R500, it's a 4hr course. If you find one cheaper, please let me know.

@V12man, one last question: Jura Impressa F7 or ENA 9 One Touch, which one would you choose?

Considering the previous discussions about after sales service, and back up, and considering I do have a budget that has now extended some what more than originally planned - I am leaning more towards the Jura than the Delonghi, but which one?

Try Origin. They have a home barista course for R500, it's a 4hr course. If you find one cheaper, please let me know.

The link to Origin. R500 seems fair for home training. There is a 3 day pro course also listed for those interested. They have a R200 /2hr coffee appreciation course which teaches you in's an out's of coffee and roasting.

http://www.originroasting.co.za/

Does anyone know where i can get a La Cimbali serviced, better yet someone coming out and servicing it?

What town are you in?

Allesandro at Tassadoro does service a lot of La Cimbali machines - he is in parkhurst, and they do service on site or collect it and service.

Espressoworx in Bramley also..

@V12man, one last question: Jura Impressa F7 or ENA 9 One Touch, which one would you choose?

Considering the previous discussions about after sales service, and back up, and considering I do have a budget that has now extended some what more than originally planned - I am leaning more towards the Jura than the Delonghi, but which one?

I will have a look as soon as I get a gap and see what the exact difference is between those 2 - My gut feel says if it's in a kitchen at home, the Ena9 because it's smaller - in a corporate office, the F7 - I will come back to you later today.

What town are you in?

Allesandro at Tassadoro does service a lot of La Cimbali machines - he is in parkhurst, and they do service on site or collect it and service.

Espressoworx in Bramley also..

Thanks a Million!!

Edenvale,

Do you have a contact number for Tassadoro, google has nothing...

Edited by the nerd

This turned into an exercise.... the answer.... I don't know... :)

Best you go and visit the importer and get hands on with the 2 machines.... they are easy to find, and they have demo equipment, although it might be best to call ahead.

http://www.icesa.za.net/