Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I need some advice...

Switched to a bottomless PF and precision filter basket.

Does one need to grind finer and tamp firmer with a set up of this nature? . I just pulled a shot now, coffee is coming out too fast. I stopped the shot quite early, but when I had finished my milk steaming , I noticed that the volume of coffee had decreased substantially. Crema is very "thick" and well "creamy" I guess, don't know how else to describe it. In hindsight, I could have actually run the shot for longer....

Has anybody tried Nespresso Cubania limited pods? They are specified at an intensity of 13, which should be quite strong.

http://pavelboyman.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/screen-shot-2014-07-15-at-17-29-41.png?w=474&h=400

Hey All

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the classified but the home of coffee thread seemed like the better spot. I was kindly given four Vida e Caffe capsule packs by my granny :blush:, sadly while they are Nespresso compatible they do not work with the Nespresso uMilk machines. They work with the cock & load machines (please correct me if I am wrong).

If someone want's to take them off my hands for half their value or trade for two Nespresso sleeves send me a pm. Located in Newlands.

Right, I need some advice...

Switched to a bottomless PF and precision filter basket.

Does one need to grind finer and tamp firmer with a set up of this nature? . I just pulled a shot now, coffee is coming out too fast. I stopped the shot quite early, but when I had finished my milk steaming , I noticed that the volume of coffee had decreased substantially. Crema is very "thick" and well "creamy" I guess, don't know how else to describe it. In hindsight, I could have actually run the shot for longer....

I can't imagine you would have to adjust your grind other than you would perhaps on a colder or humid day. I am keen on getting one so it would be cool to see what you discover.

I can't imagine you would have to adjust your grind other than you would perhaps on a colder or humid day. I am keen on getting one so it would be cool to see what you discover.

Come and visit me and I will show you.... :)

I still need to come through and see that machine in action.

And I have a bottomless pf in my desk drawer too.... with a precision basket....

And I have a bottomless pf in my desk drawer too.... with a precision basket....

I'll be there one of these days. :)

Am I the only one who doesn't understand "coffee championships"?

For me it's all about the taste - I really don't care if the barista can do triple somersaults and draw the Mona Lisa in the crema with his manhood.

I'd rather drink purple coffee from a polystyrene cup and enjoy it than a super textured pictured capu drawn with much gusto from a hipster in a logo'd black apron and bow tie.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand "coffee championships"?

For me it's all about the taste - I really don't care if the barista can do triple somersaults and draw the Mona Lisa in the crema with his manhood.

I'd rather drink purple coffee from a polystyrene cup and enjoy it than a super textured pictured capu drawn with much gusto from a hipster in a logo'd black apron and bow tie.

Its not just you, but it isnt me...

You get different competitions.

- Latte Art - as the name suggests is all about the "Mona Lisa" in the cup.

- You get the barista champs which are about the taste.

Has anybody tried Nespresso Cubania limited pods? They are specified at an intensity of 13, which should be quite strong.

%20http%3A//pavelboyman.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/screen-shot-2014-07-15-at-17-29-41.png?w=474&h=400

I got mine yesterday and had one this morning.

I really enjoy the stronger variants of Nespresso, so this one is right up there.

Maybe when I am more awake tomorrow morning, I will try and concentrate a bit more on what it actually tastes like.

It was interesting to note that they suggest that you have it with sugar. Cuban style...

I could not find any previous posts in this topic that relates to the Sorcery of Vacuum Coffee Brewing.

I used my Yama 5 cup vacuum brewer for the first time today and here are the pros and cons:

Why:

• Good quality coffee with very little sediment
  • Entertainment value second to none

Why Not:

• Do not try this if you do not have limited time
  • Cleaning a bit of a pain
  • I must look for another fuel source (Higher quality alcohol) as Meths is a bit messy.

Ps: My fiance bought me a packet of Gibson's beans in Kenya which I love.

post-4407-0-82986300-1410197326_thumb.jpg

post-4407-0-80531200-1410197327_thumb.jpg

post-4407-0-80039900-1410197328_thumb.jpg

Edited by An3

I could not find any previous posts in this topic that relates to the Sorcery of Vacuum Coffee Brewing.

I used my Yama 5 cup vacuum brewer for the first time today and here are the pros and cons:

Why:

• Good quality coffee with very little sediment
  • Entertainment value second to none

Why Not:

• Do not try this if you do not have limited time
  • Cleaning a bit of a pain
  • I must look for another fuel source (Higher quality alcohol) as Meths is a bit messy.

Ps: My fiance bought me a packet of Gibson's beans in Kenya which I love.

Looks like fun,

Aren't those contraptions quite pricey though?