Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m looking to get a coffee machine and have read through quite a bit of this topic, I’m looking at the Jura F50 or F7, prices seem to be R10944 and R11685 respectively which seems to be the going rate was wondering if anyone has spotted it cheaper maybe or perhaps you could recommend an alternative brand that is similar to these?

We've had an F50 for around 7 years and we are very happy with it in terms of a Superautomatic machine. If you want convenience with more choice in terms of freshers beans than the Nespresso machines it rocks. With the frother upgrade I found it easier to produce froth for a sort of cappuccino looking drink.

However there's little to play with so if you want cafe quality coffee with manual control this is not your type of machine.

We've had an F50 for around 7 years and we are very happy with it in terms of a Superautomatic machine. If you want convenience with more choice in terms of freshers beans than the Nespresso machines it rocks. With the frother upgrade I found it easier to produce froth for a sort of cappuccino looking drink.

However there's little to play with so if you want cafe quality coffee with manual control this is not your type of machine.

Thanks for the info, if I'm not mistaken the F7 is to replace the F50. I'm not keen on the Nespresso purely because of the price of the pods.

Hi All

After reading all 60+ pages! I am still not sure which machine to get me. At

the moment I am looking at the Wega Mini Nova that I found second hand, but

with a 1 year guarantee. Does anyone have experience with this machine? Or

do you have any suggestions on other machines that fall in the same class? I

can get this one for 7k! All feedback will be much appreciated!

Hi All

After reading all 60+ pages! I am still not sure which machine to get me. At

the moment I am looking at the Wega Mini Nova that I found second hand, but

with a 1 year guarantee. Does anyone have experience with this machine? Or

do you have any suggestions on other machines that fall in the same class? I

can get this one for 7k! All feedback will be much appreciated!

That will be a good machine at that price - no suggestions in that class at 7k I am afraid :)

What grinder are you going to match to it?

Thanx for rpl V12man

I am still looking for a decent one. Going to visit the homemakers expo end of August to see if I can purchase one. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanx for rpl V12man

I am still looking for a decent one. Going to visit the homemakers expo end of August to see if I can purchase one. Do you have any suggestions?

A commercial grinder - Mazzer, Wega, Compak, Maelkoenig or similar - if you can afford new (over 7k then I can point you at their local suppliers)

And watch the second hand smalls boards for a grinder, as well as second hand catering equipment suppliers.