Coffee machine

2 things - 1 - you need fresh coffee - not more than 14 days post roast. Stale coffee contributes to fast draw times.

2 - you can probably recalibrate that grinde by stripping the top and resetting the burrs closer together - takes longer to explain than to do - think there are explanations on home-barista.com on how to set the zero point on small grinders - they are all fundametally the same internally.

I’ll try this, thanks!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

We're renovating our kitchen so I'm thinking of upgrading my coffee setup at the same time.

I have an Expobar Office Leva and a Baratza Vario grinder that I may want to sell. Is there any interest?

Hi guys

We're renovating our kitchen so I'm thinking of upgrading my coffee setup at the same time.

I have an Expobar Office Leva and a Baratza Vario grinder that I may want to sell. Is there any interest?

How much?

Hi guys

Single or dual boiler? With or without PID Edited by Matchstix

South African Coffee Classifieds on FB...

What are you looking for?

Thanks, I have joined them.

I bought a Gaggia baby class recently on Gumtree with no water flowing out of the grouphead. Took it apart and cleaned the solenoid valve now it works a treat.

The problem is that it came with a panarello style steam wand, with my previous machine I managed to steam the milk just fine without it so I am looking to replace or mod it somehow.

I have run a bag through mine and I was planning on having a look at that (only using aeropress for now but want to take the Delonghi out of storage soon and try that). I haven't done the research but I can't imagine it being more than a shim or two to set the zero point.

They usually have the top burr on a threaded carrier - an it's only a question of removing the lock/stop, tightening the bur down till just off touching the lower burr, then replacing the lock/stop and reassembling the grinder.

I bought a Gaggia baby class recently on Gumtree with no water flowing out of the grouphead. Took it apart and cleaned the solenoid valve now it works a treat.

The problem is that it came with a panarello style steam wand, with my previous machine I managed to steam the milk just fine without it so I am looking to replace or mod it somehow.

hey bud, we carry all spares for Gaggia www.nexusgroup.co.za

If i recall you can mod it with a Rancillio Silvia steam wand.. maybe look at that avenue? 

If i recall you can mod it with a Rancillio Silvia steam wand.. maybe look at that avenue?

I saw a few mentions to people doing that, I thought of doing that as well or maybe the "latte-art" attachement that screws onto the exising wand.

I had a Gaggia Classic for quite a long time - I changed out the steam wand for the Rancilio one and it made a huge difference. I also got a bottomless porta filter and stuck a temperature probe in next to the boiler to watch the temperature cycle.