Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But not quite the same as the GS3..... although it does look better (mostly - except for the front pseudo lever)) :)

Looking forward to your review.

For sure, how's your Linea?

For sure, how's your Linea?

Nearly 10 000 shot in and still hasn't been a blip... :)

Not that I would have expected any blips... that is....

Nearly 10 000 shot in and still hasn't been a blip... :)

Not that I would have expected any blips... that is....

Nice, will let you know on those Mini's unfortunately straight to Cape Town

Heathen!

Why do you ride your bike on trails?  You can get the same workout on the tar road.  :ph34r:

Do you ride a R1000 bike on the trails?

The job that does is not the same job description of what we want it to do....

It's like gettting your gardener to wash your car..... not quite the result you want....

Haha guys, I was just pulling your leg about the Koffiehuis. I promise I don't drink that stuff. I would probably just drink plain water if Koffiehuis was all that was available!

I am busy learning the ins and outs of coffee making with a Breville 800ES machine that I picked up for 120 Bucks on auction in almost brand new condition.

I don't have a grinder yet though so I am having to make do with the pre-ground stuff. I am quite enjoying the House of Coffees Espresso but the grind is not consistent from pack to pack. One pack will pull perfectly and then the next will almost not even work it is so fine - even with a super light tamp so I need to find the best value for money grinder sometime soon. (preferably not too expensive)

http://www.target.com.au/medias/static_content/product/images/large/65/96/A246596.jpg

Haha guys, I was just pulling your leg about the Koffiehuis. I promise I don't drink that stuff. I would probably just drink plain water if Koffiehuis was all that was available!

I am busy learning the ins and outs of coffee making with a Breville 800ES machine that I picked up for 120 Bucks on auction in almost brand new condition.

I don't have a grinder yet though so I am having to make do with the pre-ground stuff. I am quite enjoying the House of Coffees Espresso but the grind is not consistent from pack to pack. One pack will pull perfectly and then the next will almost not even work it is so fine - even with a super light tamp so I need to find the best value for money grinder sometime soon. (preferably not too expensive)

http://www.target.com.au/medias/static_content/product/images/large/65/96/A246596.jpg

Buy a grinder.... chop chop....

Get with the program... :)

Please spend at least 20 times as much on the grinder as on your machine...... otherwise you will spend it twice.

Buy a grinder.... chop chop....

Get with the program... :)

Please spend at least 20 times as much on the grinder as on your machine...... otherwise you will spend it twice.

Yes master.... :)

What would your suggestion list look like?

Yes master.... :)

What would your suggestion list look like?

Start with a Mazzer Robur.... can't go wrong with that... and work down the range till you hit a price you can afford....

You can't go wrong with a Robur... (unless your wife castrates you because it does not match her version of "aesthetically pleasing"....)

Seriously - one of the small isomac grinders should be fine - http://www.importalia.co.za/grinders_isomac.html- the gran machino is my choice of these - avoid the roby unless you like a doser (I hate them)

They also sell a Solis grinder I don't know much about - might be worth a look.

BUT - if budget allows - go BIG - as big as possible....

Start with a Mazzer Robur.... can't go wrong with that... and work down the range till you hit a price you can afford....

You can't go wrong with a Robur... (unless your wife castrates you because it does not match her version of "aesthetically pleasing"....)

Seriously - one of the small isomac grinders should be fine - http://www.importalia.co.za/grinders_isomac.html- the gran machino is my choice of these - avoid the roby unless you like a doser (I hate them)

They also sell a Solis grinder I don't know much about - might be worth a look.

BUT - if budget allows - go BIG - as big as possible....

My brother is now using my old Gran Machino funnily enough... great grinder just damn pricey now. I paid half the now selling price brand new about a year and a half ago... 

Thanks V12man, 

I appreciate your suggestions. I will look through the various grinders and see what falls within my budget. :thumbup:

Thanks V12man, 

I appreciate your suggestions. I will look through the various grinders and see what falls within my budget. :thumbup:

The hell with budget.... buy a Robur.....

(and wear a box when you bring it home.....)

I upgraded to a super jolly.. it doesn't fit on my counter with the hopper but its the best thing I've done for my coffee.. 

I upgraded to a super jolly.. it doesn't fit on my counter with the hopper but its the best thing I've done for my coffee.. 

Did you get a small hopper yet? then it should just fit.

How about this?

http://www.yuppiechef.com/krups.htm?id=2061&name=Krups-Burr-Coffee-Grinder

http://static.yuppiechef.com/docscache/static.yuppiechef.com/docsraw/2061/otherpicture320130322100345_600x450q80.jpg

these are great little grinders (I've owned 2) but you need to take note of the following:

1) it will only last 12-18months;

2) the back-up from the importer SUCKS;

3) keep your guarantee slip from yuppiechef / dionwired