Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody using those stainless steel filters in their Aeropress? There are two different types and was wondering which was the better option?

Anybody using those stainless steel filters in their Aeropress? There are two different types and was wondering which was the better option?

I have the standard steel filter and its better than the paper filters. They release more oils into the coffee. You just need to grind the beans slightly coarser to compensate for the bigger holes.

Oh, and read the instructions. The Able disk needs to be put on correctly else it blocks

Edited by Flippa

I have the standard steel filter and its better than the paper filters. They release more oils into the coffee. You just need to grind the beans slightly coarser to compensate for the bigger holes.

I also have one and it's waaaaay better than the papers.

Oh, and read the instructions. The Able disk needs to be put on correctly else it blocks

I also have one and it's waaaaay better than the papers.

Thanks guys. Will have a look and see where to get them from :thumbup:

Thanks guys. Will have a look and see where to get them from :thumbup:

Please let me know as well.......... :blush:

La Marzocco just released the Linea Mini, a home machine at a lower price point than the proven GS3.

$4500 will get you one.

http://coffeegeek.com/proreviews/firstlook/lineamini/details

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1427221543.304650.jpg

We have had the GS/3 for many years and they were great, dropped one in transit!  :wacko:

We have 2  of the Stainless Linea Mini's on order they ship in June, cost not quite the $4500, but not far off. Will work out R10,000 cheaper than the GS/3 all these years later.

Will feedback when we get them

Sheesh guys, I dunno what all the fuss is about. This stuff does the job for a fraction of a fraction of the price. :thumbup:

http://www.biltongstmarcus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Koffiehuis-Medium-Roast.jpg

The job that does is not the same job description of what we want it to do....

It's like gettting your gardener to wash your car..... not quite the result you want....

We have had the GS/3 for many years and they were great, dropped one in transit!  :wacko:

We have 2  of the Stainless Linea Mini's on order they ship in June, cost not quite the $4500, but not far off. Will work out R10,000 cheaper than the GS/3 all these years later.

Will feedback when we get them

But not quite the same as the GS3..... although it does look better (mostly - except for the front pseudo lever)) :)

Looking forward to your review.

The job that does is not the same job description of what we want it to do....

It's like gettting your gardener to wash your car..... not quite the result you want....

Unless it's Margaret Gardiner of course   :w00t:

...and there is no mess.

Except for the sheer volume of non-reusable, non-recyclable pods being dumped in landfills the world over.

Are there any reusable pods available in SA yet? I see they've become available overseas

Except for the sheer volume of non-reusable, non-recyclable pods being dumped in landfills the world over.

Are there any reusable pods available in SA yet? I see they've become available overseas

Yes the coffee duck ones have been around for quite a while. I have had them for the last year and a half.

I keep 3 of them at work for the machine here and then grind my beans the way I want in the morning to use for the day.