Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys I hiked the Fish River canyon with last week thought I was crazy to carry this with me for 5 days.

I had consumed all 250g by breakfast on the 5th morning.

Much better than their coffee in a sachet.

attachicon.gif11250143_10152723234082563_5911314880740452009_n.jpg

A good cup of moka pot is absolutely awesome on a hike or camping trip. I have a 12 cup one (below) which we use for camping and a 6 cup which does hiking duties. I use a porlex mini grinder on hiking trips. When we hiked the Otter I carried the Moka Pot, grinder and 500g beans.

Edited by Brian Fantana

Just bought myself a Saeco Minuto (thanks takealot!). Still messing with the settings to get the perfect cup but so far I'm really happy. One of the best value bean to cup machines around at R4500. Now to buy more beans and not sleep for a week!

Mocha pot is still one of my favourite ways to make coffee. I just love the ritual and old school feel of it.

The coffee is damn good too.

Couldnt help but notice that Mastertons bag of coffee lurking there.

It is a great way to make coffee, and my two Stainless Steel Bialetti moka pots are valued possessions.

But when I am at home, espresso from my lever espresso machine is my drink of choice, much more flavour and less bitterness. (In my opinion of course).

For travelling and staying in hotels and B&B's an Aeropress is a great option, easy to use, quick and easy to clean.

So at the end of the day, depending on your activities, there will be a time and a place for several different brewing methods.

It is a great way to make coffee, and my two Stainless Steel Bialetti moka pots are valued possessions.

But when I am at home, espresso from my lever espresso machine is my drink of choice, much more flavour and less bitterness. (In my opinion of course).

For travelling and staying in hotels and B&B's an Aeropress is a great option, easy to use, quick and easy to clean.

So at the end of the day, depending on your activities, there will be a time and a place for several different brewing methods.

All I read in that was "levers are the best!"

I need to look into an aeropress, I travel often and there is never a place to use one of my Bialetti's

I still need to get a decent machine for home, currently I use either my nespresso(reusable pods with my own grind), the mocha pot or my manual espresso machine.

Any good how to's or something on milk frothing?

I make such a mess, its quite an art

a drop of sunlight liquid into water, cheapest way to practise making microfoam.

All I read in that was "levers are the best!"

Let me know when you're selling your lever... [emoji12]

The guys I hiked the Fish River canyon with last week thought I was crazy to carry this with me for 5 days.

I had consumed all 250g by breakfast on the 5th morning.

Much better than their coffee in a sachet.

attachicon.gif11250143_10152723234082563_5911314880740452009_n.jpg

Did that hike last year and immediately booked to do it again next year. I loved it. Aero press for me on trips like that

Does anyone know where I can get a standalone milk steamer? Stove-top or electrical, doesn't matter.

Cape coffee bean