Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that 3 group lever.... just got no place to put it.... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Craig wants my Olympia... If he gives me all those machines, I may consider it...

I actually want the Junior but he asking way too much for an old junior even with the full Resto and mods...

Craig wants my Olympia... If he gives me all those machines, I may consider it...

As jy dom is, moet jy kuk...

I would keep the cremina....

My travel setup. I need to keep it light because I travel with all my tools and testing equipment in my check-in luggage.

Aeropress with Able fine stainless steel filter

Porlex Mini grinder

Tin of beans (I take a smaller tin when I travel for less than a week)

I use hotel kettle and cup

So far this gives me better coffee than what I've had at most hotels.

post-4006-1429127552,3691.jpg

My travel setup. I need to keep it light because I travel with all my tools and testing equipment in my check-in luggage.

Porlex Mini grinder

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1429127548.666861.jpg

how much grind coffee do you put into the aeropress  and then how much water ??

how much grind coffee do you put into the aeropress and then how much water ??

I am usually in a hurry, but I use a little less than two scoops of beans (20g), which takes less than a minute to grind while the kettle is running. The Porlex grinder grinds quite fast for its size.

I don't add a lot of water, probably about 100ml and then I allow it to brew for about a minute after stirring and press into the cup. I add more hot water afterwards and the result is very close to a good americano. It is personal preference really, you can fill the Aeropress all the way to the top and allow to brew. You just need to find what works for you.

Edited by Brian Fantana

Porlex Mini grinder

attachicon.gif

That deserves a merit badge!

:thumbup:  :thumbup: :thumbup:  

I am usually in a hurry, but I use a little less than two scoops of beans (20g), which takes less than a minute to grind while the kettle is running. The Porlex grinder grinds quite fast for its size.

I don't add a lot of water, probably about 100ml and then I allow it to brew for about a minute after stirring and press into the cup. I add more hot water afterwards and the result is very close to a good americano. It is personal preference really, you can fill the Aeropress all the way to the top and allow to brew. You just need to find what works for you.

maybe i must come and visit you for some taste tests and advice?? so you use the scoop thingie from the aeropress ? :mellow:

How do you stop the coffee from filtering through the Aeropress while you wait for it to brew - I have gone as far as trying to double up on filters but no luck?

How do you stop the coffee from filtering through the Aeropress while you wait for it to brew - I have gone as far as trying to double up on filters but no luck?

Look up the inverted method. Essentially you stand the areopress on the plunger size and you mix the brew from the top. Lot easier.