Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sponsoring a Porlex?? ;-)

100% agree, bought it mainly for the trip to the UK but will probably use it in the office since they started putting ciro beans in the machines on our floors.

Undecided if i take some to the Nerd to grind for me and take with or to find beans locally, waiting for accommodation confirmation so i can check whats local in the area there.

They have EPO beans in the UK..... :)

been messing with the Aero this weekend, bought some mug and bean stuff, not fantastic but cheap enough to chuck out when it goes wrong.

Had to build a thermometer as well quick so i can tell when its at the magic 80deg. 

been messing with the Aero this weekend, bought some mug and bean stuff, not fantastic but cheap enough to chuck out when it goes wrong.

Had to build a thermometer as well quick so i can tell when its at the magic 80deg. 

HAD... to build a thermometer!!! 

HAD... to build a thermometer!!! 

Dallas ds18b20 on a micro Arduino, LED flashes fast from 85 up, between 81-85 it slows down, stays on from 81-79 and then really slow under 79 deg.

Will put it into a sealed enclosure of sorts sometime...not quite IoT but that may be the next step - log the coffee temps to a DB... :ph34r:

post-18786-0-39184000-1440261661_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is an immersion water heater. It is quite popular in 3rd world countries.

Thought so, seen one before!

Very cool, and dedicated to the cause ha ha

Thought so, seen one before!

Very cool, and dedicated to the cause ha ha

I always pack it in one of my suitcases. I have been burned too many times by hotels that don't have kettles in the room, that I never travel without it.

I always pack it in one of my suitcases. I have been burned too many times by hotels that don't have kettles in the room, that I never travel without it.

When I worked in a the travel industry 20 years ago, these contributed to many a hotel room burning, much like people ironed on counters, on carpets or cooked patties on hotel irons I guess....

This bottomless PF is revealing all my flaws.....  :mellow:

Also old beans don't run well through a bottomless... fresh beans on the other hand are awesome! 

When I worked in a the travel industry 20 years ago, these contributed to many a hotel room burning, much like people ironed on counters, on carpets or cooked patties on hotel irons I guess....

I understand what you mean, but I am not the "type" you refer to. I work with much higher risk equipment on a daily basis, and I am more safety minded than most.

Brian I wasn't referring to you at all, so please don't be offended, no "type" was mentioned and besides, it's not Friday any way. I also travelled with one of those. It was merely a statement referring to the morons that exist in our twisted world, like the woman who drove me crazy by "drying" her shirt with her hair drier for 2 hours resulting in its meltdown one night in Mauritius...