Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the result is?

Yeah, they are nice, makes a good crema and no bitter aftertaste. They seem to have a tougher seal than the normal Nespresso pods though, I found you have to exert a lot more pressure to lock it into place, but nice, I'll buy them again.

So it turns out that latte art isn't that easy after all.... I thought it was a case of froth the milk, pour it into the cup with a little jiggle here and there an viola! An impressive design appears and all your mates are amazed (According to youtube anyway...).

Turns out, there's a lot more to it than that.... My first "successful" attempt....

post-17843-0-24356200-1350902604_thumb.jpg

Yeah, their latest limited edition blend, the Nespresso shop in Sandton only had about 30 boxes left yesterday, dunno if they will get more stock but Nespresso has a habit of releasing limited editions and then when the stock is finished its finished, they dont make more.......great to keep up the interest, but if its a nice blend, you cant get it again which is a bit of a bug in my ear.

Last year's Vanilla pods were great. Keep an eye out for them.

So it turns out that latte art isn't that easy after all.... I thought it was a case of froth the milk, pour it into the cup with a little jiggle here and there an viola! An impressive design appears and all your mates are amazed (According to youtube anyway...).

Turns out, there's a lot more to it than that.... My first "successful" attempt....

post-17843-0-24356200-1350902604_thumb.jpg

The little jug you froth the milk in makes a big difference. Also try and tilt the jug slightly as it helps to thicken the milk a bit more.

Last year's Vanilla pods were great. Keep an eye out for them.

This year's Christmas edition are 3 nut flavoured coffees. I be blowing my Christmas pocket money on that!

This year's Christmas edition are 3 nut flavoured coffees. I be blowing my Christmas pocket money on that!

yep, I'll be buying a box of 10 x 10 of those. Wish I'd bought more of the Vanilla :(

As a side: I'm not sold on the Vida pods. They don't taste as good as the Nespresso belnds

The little jug you froth the milk in makes a big difference. Also try and tilt the jug slightly as it helps to thicken the milk a bit more.

Thanks! Timing seems to be key as well. My Delonghi has a "special" nozzle that is supposed to help with the foam. I seem to get better results with a shorter time and more steam. Practise makes perfect they say. I see a caffeine high coming on....

yep, I'll be buying a box of 10 x 10 of those. Wish I'd bought more of the Vanilla sad.png

As a side: I'm not sold on the Vida pods. They don't taste as good as the Nespresso belnds

Yeah, I love the Christmas blends, last year I only had a few boxes and when I went to get more........All sold out.!

Agree on the Vida pods and the generic pods you find in some stores now, definitely not as good as Nespresso, but I did think the Vida is better than the generic ones by quite a long shot.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Don't if this is covered earlier in the thread but which brand do you guys rate as superioir? I am talking beans here. I like to have a freshly ground cup of coffee/espresso and i have ALLOT of them during the day.

I love the illy brand but it is rather expensive. I have been to Italy a good couple of times and must say that over there i prefer illy to allot of their other brands as well (they have a massive amount of coffee brands)

Don't if this is covered earlier in the thread but which brand do you guys rate as superioir? I am talking beans here. I like to have a freshly ground cup of coffee/espresso and i have ALLOT of them during the day.

I love the illy brand but it is rather expensive. I have been to Italy a good couple of times and must say that over there i prefer illy to allot of their other brands as well (they have a massive amount of coffee brands)

I mostly use my Nespresso now, but previously I was a die hard Douwe Egberts fan. Even today if I but beans or ground coffee its Douwe Egberts, but I have to say the Starbucks coffee is also excellent if you can find it locally.

When are they being released?

Buy a JURA, cost is about R10k for entry level ones, but it will be the last one you ever have to buy...

JURA is best by far. I have mine for 5 years and no problems

Try Caturra espresso