Coffee machine

Okay. So I'm in the market for a manual grinder. Keen to hear user experiences. Options are the Hario Skerton, mini mill or the Porlex. The grind adjustment on the Skerton sounds like a bit of a pain. Locally available would be preferable and these are all available at present.

My porlex mini is amazing, I've had something similar to hario skerton, but it's not as good as the porlex in the hand. As for grind i found no issues with either for all espresso, moka pot and aeropress, however I found the porlex less figity

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Orphan espresso Lido 3 - makes a porlex look tired- or if you can make the number - a pharos- best hand grinder ever... ask my brother who annexed mine... Edited by V12man

That lido not available locally though? Read some reviews, but probably overkill for my needs. Good option for Meezo though.

That lido not available locally though? Read some reviews, but probably overkill for my needs. Good option for Meezo though.

Import 3 - sell 2...

Personally I think it's hit and.miss with 3.5k elextric grinders -mostly miss for espresso...

Import 3 - sell 2...

Personally I think it's hit and.miss with 3.5k elextric grinders -mostly miss for espresso...

I was patiently awaiting the Baratza you put me onto, however with the R:$ looking like it is, it probably cost around 7-8k landed

Happy with the porlex as the manual grinder need to get a lectric now

I was patiently awaiting the Baratza you put me onto, however with the R:$ looking like it is, it probably cost around 7-8k landed

Happy with the porlex as the manual grinder need to get a lectric now

3.5k electric is probably a backward step from the porlex for espresso - be patient...

V12man, you're a dangerous man! I'm sitting with a GS3 thanks to you! [emoji6] not that I'm complaining!

My own worst enemy.... still drooling over a monolith... maybe...

Okay. So I'm in the market for a manual grinder. Keen to hear user experiences. Options are the Hario Skerton, mini mill or the Porlex. The grind adjustment on the Skerton sounds like a bit of a pain. Locally available would be preferable and these are all available at present.

When looking at the Porlex be aware that there are two sizes, the "Mini" and the "Tall', with little price difference. The latter has greater capacity which you may find more convenient.

I have recently bought the Tall (my first grinder, still a beginner) and I'm happy with it although still have experiment with different grinds, I'm just using it for Hario V60 pour over coffee. A nice little early morning ceremony  ^_^

When looking at the Porlex be aware that there are two sizes, the "Mini" and the "Tall', with little price difference. The latter has greater capacity which you may find more convenient.

I have recently bought the Tall (my first grinder, still a beginner) and I'm happy with it although still have experiment with different grinds, I'm just using it for Hario V60 pour over coffee. A nice little early morning ceremony ^_^

yes, I see there are two.