Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know of a brick/mortar store that sells the Aeropress, preferably in Sandton area?

Lost mine to the ex, and I need to buy one today...

Anyone know of a brick/mortar store that sells the Aeropress, preferably in Sandton area?

I've seen @home selling them in the past. That is where I got mine from.

FYI, found one at the coffee shop in Benmore - bonus: they are on special for R459.

FYI, found one at the coffee shop in Benmore - bonus: they are on special for R459.

Maybe its the fake ones...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

That does sound to good to be true, never seen them that cheap.

The new ones have the gold writing embossed on the side and the body is a bit opaque (changed in 2013 if I recall...) unless you get some really old stock... or an Aelopless like gerald suggested...

Takealot currently has the aeropress for R695. That doesn't seem too badly priced. BUT I remember recently someone had an issue with getting a "aelopress" from them.

Grebel, you mention the writing is gold, from the pictures on Takealot there are numbers on the side and they blue. The body is opaqued though.

I get a discount on Takealot through multiply so that's why I would buy there. But only if it's the aerobie aeropress and not an aerobic aelopress.....

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Edit. Added link below.

Check this out on takealot, http://takealot.com/og/v1/PLID29944407

Edited by Long Wheel Base

An Aelopless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta admit, I was pretty worried about mine.

But I'm pretty sure it's a genuine one - got the gold writing, slightly opaque, came in the proper packaging with a distributor sticker, and works identically to my old one.

Plus the store is a retailer listed on the moreflavour website...

Takealot currently has the aeropress for R695. That doesn't seem too badly priced. BUT I remember recently someone had an issue with getting a "aelopress" from them.

Grebel, you mention the writing is gold, from the pictures on Takealot there are numbers on the side and they blue. The body is opaqued though.

I get a discount on Takealot through multiply so that's why I would buy there. But only if it's the aerobie aeropress and not an aerobic aelopress.....

Edit. Added link below.

That one should be fine as it is supplied by Moreflavour who are the SA importers for Aeropress AFAIK. Maybe they just used an old picture. The new one is also a bit "milky" looking as a result of the different plastic that they are using now.

Edit. Added link below.

So I have an old Aeropress, got it 5 years ago. The print is blue, so hopefully Takealot is just using an old image......