A big thank you!

Octavian

I would like to extend a big thank you to everyone that helped me after my face plant over the weekend at Northern Farms. I was the blond guy that was carted off in the ambulance.

Special mentions go out to:

My work colleague and his wife(you know who you are).

The tuck shop owner lady.

The ambulance staff.

And lastly, there was a lady(fellow rider) that was holding my head when I regained consciousness. I feel terrible for not remembering your face, or saying thank you. All I can remember is your voice.

If anyone can recall this incident and knows who this lady is, and/or know of anyone else that assisted me in my moment of delirium, please PM as I would like to thank all involved.

I was unconscious/ in lala land for about 20 min, so I have no recollection of anything that happened 5 min before and 20 min after my fall...So I apologise if I dont thank some people specifically....

I wasn't there but glad to hear you are ok and even better to hear how everybody pitched in to help a fellow rider in distress.

I rode past you!! Man you looked bad!!! :eek: :wacko:

I asked if I could help, and the lady told me to keep going. There were 3 people there with you already.

Do you remember what happened? It wasn't in a very technical spot.

The spot was: if you cross the concrete river crossing, go right and up the hill along the perimeter fence....

Then there's that loong down hill which at the end goes into the three arrow single track towards the jukskei...

Well, it was on that down hill, near the top, before it gets very rough.

(Don't know if my description is any good)

The spot was: if you cross the concrete river crossing, go right and up the hill along the perimeter fence....

Then there's that loong down hill which at the end goes into the three arrow single track towards the jukskei...

Well, it was on that down hill, near the top, before it gets very rough.

(Don't know if my description is any good)

thx for the description, I know where that is.

I honestly can't remember a thing. I suspeect that I was going at a fair lick on hard surface and suddenly went through soft sand and lost control. It must have happened really quickly as I don't have any injuries on my hands or wrists. So I must have hit the ground instantly...

I would've stolen your wallet and shoes ;)

Speedy recovery! :thumbup:

:lol:

Yeah, glad you're okay, Octavian.

Quite a tumble there.

Speedy recovery!!!

She'll be waiting for you to ride her...don't keep her waiting for too long...she may just ride herself into my garage :)

How long are you out for? Any broken bones?

Hope you recover quick and these things happen dont let it dampen your confidence. :) Good luck man and :thumbup: to all those that assisted.

Luckly no broken bones, only a severe concussion. Will see doctor on Monday again to have stiches removed. Will hear then when my brain is out of that concussion risk zone. Hopefully soon...

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Very glad to hear you're ok, saw you being put into the ambulance back at the car park!