MTB Tires - Which Brand?

Iwan Kemp

MTB Tires  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of MTB tires do you buy?

• Bontrager
    • Continental
    • Geax
    • Hutchinson
    • Intense
    • Kenda
    • Maxxis
    • Michelin
    • Nokian
    • Onza
    • Panaracer
    • Pacenti
    • Schwalbe
    • Specialized
    • Tioga
    • Vredestein
    • WTB
    • RITCHEY

Tell us which brand of MTB tires do you buy.

• I've set multiple answers, but please don't use this to tick all the brands you've ever bought or would like to buy.
  • PLEASE USE MULTIPLE ANSWER ONLY IF YOU OWN MORE THAN ONE BIKE AND HAVE BOUGHT DIFFERENT BRANDS FOR EACH.
  • Only select what's on your current ride if you're planning to replace it with the same brand

Edited by The Crow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geax TNT Sagueros for training wheelset...tough as nails nuff said

Scwhalbe RR snakeskin for racing wheelset...light enough, tough enough and good availability

29'er both sizes

Fave so far is Maxxi. Seems to be the only brand I can find at the LBS that still supplies a wirebead.

I only have one bike, which is a 140mm trail bike.

Front: Come hell or high water, there will be a Maxxis Highroller on the front. 26x2.35

Rear: I have two rear tyres I use depending on conditions or the type of ride. For xco/xcm type rides I use a Geax Mezcal 26x2.1. For trail/AM rides I use a WTB Exiwolf 26x2.3.

Surely this poll will be biased towards the limited range offered by most LBS's. Most shops keep Maxxis and Conti's, maybe some Geax.

Lots of new bikes come with Schwalbes so I'm guessing lotsa votes for them too.

Geax TNT Sagueros for training wheelset...tough as nails nuff said

Scwhalbe RR snakeskin for racing wheelset...light enough, tough enough and good availability

29'er both sizes

Scwhalbe RR snakeskin !!!

I insist on it

Don't you guys find the Racing Ralphs a bit "light" in the grip department for a front tyre? I've been testing the RR and found that they are fast but not that grippy if you want to ride corners hard

Have Geax Sturdys at the moment and love the Saguaro.

My Schwalbes on my other bike have been good and will by again.

As soon as I can afford a set of 650B wheels, I will try the Pacenti (didn't tick box though)

Don't you guys find the Racing Ralphs a bit "light" in the grip department for a front tyre? I've been testing the RR and found that they are fast but not that grippy if you want to ride corners hard

They are good enough if you run them tubeless at lowish pressures 1.8 down... the sideknobs on the ralphs bite hard...sometimes too hard imo. So it takes a little time getting used to them

fast dry conditions

maxxis Ikon front / Aspen Rear

Damp conditions

Geax Suagaro front / X-king Rear

Wet conditions

Mountainking 2 front / X-king Rear

I have tried loads of tyres and brands these are my favourites so far, that said the only brand I have never tried is schwalbe, but putting some on for the houwhoek challange this weekend, as i had some lying around, and they look like they will handle mud better than the Ikon I have on the front now, will report back on the rocket ron if I am still in one peace after this weekend.